• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Spoiler for Adventures in the Forgotten Realms: Dungeon Mechanics.

Scribe

Legend
No, Companions go in the sideboard.
Yes, but the concept of an extra card, outside of the main deck, that you always have on hand, was initially seen thematically as that commander type card.

That was pretty much the tipping point for where I said they had no desire to maintain a coherent competitive game. :p

These Dungeon cards have me quite excited, because they look to be a very bold creative piece of game design (fingers crossed), but also I'm thinking the art is going to be lit.
Aren't they likely to be similar to the quest (?) cards in the Theros set?

What strikes me, as someone who only occasionally dabbles in MtG is the use of the word "the". It seems to imply that there is only ever one dungeon, and there is never no dungeon in play.

Last edited:

Rikka66

Adventurer
Probably. Hence the question mark. I don't play much MtG.

So saga's automatically move down their list of effects each turn, there's nothing specific you have to do to progress them. Dungeons being double-sided + monsters having to 'venture' into them probably means there are conditions necessary to 'complete' a dungeon and flip it over.

Remove ads