• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Spoiler for Adventures in the Forgotten Realms: Dungeon Mechanics.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If this is a Standard (capitalized for intent) set you have to keep in mind 2 things.

It needs to be draft and sealed ready.
It needs to not be crazy complex.

If it's Standard, they will likely be special lands, with condition to clear them.
This is a Standa Set, and both Prerelease Kits and regular Bundles come with three Dungeon cards, which means WotC wants them to be present for Limited play at a certain minimum rate outside of normal draw rates.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
You also have artifacts, it looks like some enchantment support, minor tribal, but like the Ignoble Hierarch, Renown, Vanishing, Urborg Forest, Imprint, Evoke, Trample over Planeswalkers I mean mechanically its all over the map.
It has lots of keywords, sure, but the overall mechanical themes are cohesive. Exactly like MH1 and Time Spiral Block.

This is a Standa Set, and both Prerelease Kits and regular Bundles come with three Dungeon cards, which means WotC wants them to be present for Limited play at a certain minimum rate outside of normal draw rates.

Apparently they don't call them Standard Sets any more, I think they stopped calling them that around Eldraine, they call them Premiere Sets now because they design cards within the set with an eye towards other formats too like Commander.

Tiamat is already worth $80usd and she hadn't even been released yet. The Showcase Drizzt is 45 dollars. I'm amazed so many of these cards are worth this much. I mean even the basic lands are being priced at $5usd.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Tiamat is already worth $80usd and she hadn't even been released yet. The Showcase Drizzt is 45 dollars. I'm amazed so many of these cards are worth this much. I mean even the basic lands are being priced at $5usd.
Expect fluctuations over time. Particularly with the Lands.

Scribe

Legend
MH2 is supposed to have greater complexity then Premiere Sets like Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. It's a niche product.
I know, perhaps its just time, but I didnt feel MH1 was this scattered across mechanics, but I havent looked.

I used to play nothing but Modern, so its not the complexity that is my issue (or that I even have an issue) more that things like 'Trample over Planeswalkers' jumped out at me as weird.

I know, perhaps its just time, but I didnt feel MH1 was this scattered across mechanics, but I havent looked.

I used to play nothing but Modern, so its not the complexity that is my issue (or that I even have an issue) more that things like 'Trample over Planeswalkers' jumped out at me as weird.

The MH sets were inspired by the Time Spiral block so they lean into being very experimental and weird.

Expect fluctuations over time. Particularly with the Lands.

No doubt, but it's weird that they priced these out before they were even released. It's weirder that the basic lands are priced at $5 a piece, I mean it's great art and the flavour text is a first, but it's not like once the set releases there won't be tons of them out there, they are basic lands. There are plenty of Mythic Rares that don't go for $5usd.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads