• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) This Dragon Art Is From The 2024 Player's Handbook

As shown at GaryCon.

GJSsRwJacAAU8zz.jpeg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Given the wide-triangle head shape and lack of a prominent nose, I actually suspect that that is a dragonborn child--D&D kobolds usually aren't depicted with the facial spikes and broad, flat forehead, instead looking rather more dog-like. If so, the child may be very young, only a year or two old, as dragonborn development tends to come in bursts.
Aaaaawwww.... you ruined it for me!

(I'm mostly kidding, but I did like it better as a kobold, but you're probably right that it's a dragonborn kid. I'm definitely kidding that it bothers me at all!)

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Aaaaawwww.... you ruined it for me!

(I'm mostly kidding, but I did like it better as a kobold, but you're probably right that it's a dragonborn kid. I'm definitely kidding that it bothers me at all!)
I mean, as much as CrimsonLonginus was joking, I imagine for people who aren't either species, it would be easy to confuse a dragonborn child for a kobold and vice-versa.

Now I'm imagining "insurance fraud" and other similar sorts of things with a dragonborn "parent" pretending their kobold accomplice is their child.

Kobolds have got different skulls.

Sorry, when I read "art is.." in the title my subconscious thought in AI.

Since 3rd Ed the dragons have got a different taxonomy. It is not only a different skin color but also the shape of crests and horns.

Dragons could be rulers if they were most of time sleeping. Or maybe they would rather to be infiltrated with a humanoid shape. They would be the youngest members, a little time after leaving the nest, and they have to "work" to start to accumulate their own treasures.

Other point is they aren't interested into crowns or thrones. They don't mind the nobility titles when they are who give the orders. They want to earn prestige among theirs, not fame among smaller creatures.

* I think there is an opened door for a future update of "Councyl of Wyrms" but it would need a lot of playtesting to can play with dragon PCs. And I advice to add space for possible new updates of dragon species from previous editions.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads