• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Alternate Art Cover Reveal

Alternate Player's Handbook cover art by Wylie Beckert.

Polygon revealed the alternate art for the 2024 Player's Handbook.

"Illustrated by Wylie Beckert, the alt art cover of the Player’s Handbook (2024) features a party comprised of D&D’s four iconic classes — the fighter, the wizard, the cleric, and the rogue — all gathered around a friendly gold dragon, sharing tea. This gentle scene stands in stark contrast to the mainline Player’s Handbook (2024), which will have a bright, bold cover by Tyler Jacobsen with similar characters posed in the moments before striking a blow."

0_DnD_PHB_ALT_Cvr_Full_Cvr.jpg.webp

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've heard (unsubstantiated) from my Game Distributor that something has happened (the details are fuzzy) that "should" stop the discounts from being quite as big in the future. In the very least, Amazon seems likely to no longer be able to sell print books at less than Distributor Cost! (That one always IRKED me. Selling something to customers for less than what I sell them for is just competition. Selling them for less than what I can BUY them for is just "unfair".)
Oh, well, good. Boo to unfair practices.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So, I’m hearing, “ask at your LGS just in case”?
It's always best to communicate, yes! It makes everyone's lives easier!

But if for whatever reason you'd prefer not to, you OUGHT to be able to get it from any retailer who hasn't completely underestimated their demand (which usually comes in when said retailer is judging things based on their own biases, and not on how their customers are feeling). To be good at it, we really have to drop our own opinions and... listen.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke, do you do mail order? My local game shop does Magic, comics and blank stares when asked about anything else.
I don't usually, no. In a lot of ways, I'm extremely "old school" in my lack of online sales (it's just not a market I feel that I can compete effectively in, and I feel like I already spend too much time on computers).

I'd make an exception for you (I've done it a few times on ENWorld, because I love the community), but I worry that shipping costs would be crazy, and I don't want to give you a raw deal. We could look into it, if you like!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They are great,have all the angles covered (cards, board game, RPGs, and comics), and have the e-commerce thing going.
I actually would love to get into a much better position when it comes to that sort of thing (in the very least, I'd like a website that doesn't embarrass me) but for two things: 1) I don't want to do it myself; 2) I don't want to pay someone a lot of money to do it.

I make a very decent living by doing things the way I do, so I'm not heavily inclined to "rock the boat". I don't actually believe that businesses need to constantly grow to be successful. They just need to reach a level of comfort for all involved and try to maintain that. That's what I do.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I actually would love to get into a much better position when it comes to that sort of thing (in the very least, I'd like a website that doesn't embarrass me) but for two things: 1) I don't want to do it myself; 2) I don't want to pay someone a lot of money to do it.

I make a very decent living by doing things the way I do, so I'm not heavily inclined to "rock the boat". I don't actually believe that businesses need to constantly grow to be successful. They just need to reach a level of comfort for all involved and try to maintain that. That's what I do.
Yeah, I mean, it would cost quite a bit to get competitive, and if you are doing fine...I think the folks at Illusive may have e a techie background. Which you know, it's in the middle of Sillicon Valley.

Remove ads

Remove ads