• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Skill changes in 3.5

Conaill

First Post
shilsen said:
(4) Alchemy is now part of the Craft skill, i.e. Craft (alchemy).
I'm still wondering how they're going to deal with that in practice. Especially with regards to all those classes that used to get all Craft skills as class skill, but not Alchemy. Are we going to be seeing "Craft (all skills except Alchemy) (Int)" in those class descriptions? Doesn't seem like a great simplification over just saying "Alchemy uses Craft mechanics".

Christian

Explorer
The Spectrum Rider said:
(2) Animal Empathy is gone. Rangers get the class ability Wild Empathy instead.

What about barbarians and druids? Do they lose access to this skill/ability altogether?

Druids will have it. Barbarians can't lose it because they don't have it-Animal Empathy is exclusive to Druids and Rangers.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Will Open Lock remain or will it be combined with disable device, like in d20M?

Appraise will probably go, too, and become part of the knowledge skills.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
(5) Pick pocket is Sleight of Hand (and lets you do more tricks than just picking pockets).

Check your PHB: pick pocket already "lets you do more tricks than just picking pockets." They just don't really elaborate on these uses much in 3.0.

This was the big beef I had with the addition of the Sleight of Hand and Holdout skills in Deadlands d20. Pick Pockets already did those things.

heirodule

First Post
Knowledge (Dunegoneering)

The Dragon article on the ranger said they would get

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) and Knowledge (geography)

as class skills. I don't recall Dungeoneering being described as a specific knowledge before.

Any ideas on what it would cover (or why Rangers would get it? Or maybe all the adventuring classes get it)

theoremtank

First Post
In light of the fact that some skills have been further generalized to encompass more actions, such as pickpocket becoming sleight of hand , I feel it would make sense to combine balance and tumbling into one skill. Or are these two skills too distinct to be condensed?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
theoremtank said:
In light of the fact that some skills have been further generalized to encompass more actions, such as pickpocket becoming sleight of hand , I feel it would make sense to combine balance and tumbling into one skill. Or are these two skills too distinct to be condensed?

Yea, Balance could really be integrated into Tumble.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Will innuendo and read lips end up somewhere else? d20m puts innuendo in with bluff, and read lips just vanishes. Since a lot of the other skill changes seem to be close to those in d20m...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads