• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Neverwinter is the next setting! (Did we know this?)

KahnyaGnorc

First Post
Most 4e "setting" books have three basic sections (even if they are not delineated as such): a part with options for any game/any setting (races, classes, and such), a part relevant for the setting (In the case of Neverwinter, this would be about the city and region), and a part tying the setting into the larger world (in this case, the rest of the Realms). I'd say it would be difficult to make the book in such a way that it would be hard to plug Neverwinter into your own setting, if you so choose.

ggroy

First Post
Most 4e "setting" books have three basic sections (even if they are not delineated as such): a part with options for any game/any setting (races, classes, and such)

It has been mentioned that the Bladesinger will be a class in the Neverwinter book, in the 2010 Gencon upcoming products podcast at around 00:55:05 in the podcast.

If this 4E Bladesinger resembles previous versions, it sounds like it may possibly be an "Essentialized" version of the 4E swordmage.

BobTheNob

First Post
It has been mentioned that the Bladesinger will be a class in the Neverwinter book, in the 2010 Gencon upcoming products podcast at around 00:55:05 in the podcast.

If this 4E Bladesinger resembles previous versions, it sounds like it may possibly be an "Essentialized" version of the 4E swordmage.
One of the classes I have been wanting them to "essentialize" (we really may as well add that word to our vocabulary from now on)

Dice4Hire

First Post
Assuming it hasn't been canceled entirely, I wonder if this setting will retain Neverwinter as part of the Realms, or if it will try to make Neverwinter a "world-agnostic" locale that can be inserted into any standard D&D campaign world.

Umm, EVERYTHING WOTC has ever produced has been able to be fit into another campaign world. I've done it many a time.

KahnyaGnorc

First Post
The Neverwinter game is being made by Cryptic. I do not think it will end up as vaporware. Being rushed to release with bugs and lacking features, sure, but vaporware, no. (See Champions-Online, Star Trek Online)

The Little Raven

First Post
Its on Amazon but not on the WotC product page, and they haven't said much about it in a while (or about the video game?).

Given recent events--other announced books have been cancelled--there is some speculation as to wether or not we are actually going to see it.

WotC typically only lists things 1-2 quarters ahead in their catalog. That's why the catalog cuts off at June (Q2), and no Q3/Q4 products are listed (like Ravenloft). Of the three confirmed canceled products, the only one that never made it into the WotC catalog (Hero Builder's Handbook) was a Q3 product.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Neverwinter is not a setting it is an additional book for the FR setting. My guess is that it is being released to get people familiar with the new Neverwinter in preparation for the release of the video game.

SSquirrel

Explorer
How about instead of an area book for the FR they give us something from a prior edition or god forbid, some new IP

Last edited:

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Neverwinter is not a setting it is an additional book for the FR setting. My guess is that it is being released to get people familiar with the new Neverwinter in preparation for the release of the video game.

The book title is currently Neverwinter Campaign Setting.

But maybe Amazon has old info.

Remove ads