• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Neverwinter is the next setting! (Did we know this?)

rossmills

First Post
I was looking around, and there's a listing, and image, for the Neverwinter Campaign Setting on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neverwinter-Campaign-Setting-Dungeons-Supplement/dp/0786958146/ref=sr_1_41?ie=UTF8&qid=1295361466&sr=8-41]Neverwinter Campaign Setting: A 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Supplement 4th Edition D&d: Amazon.co.uk: Matt Sernett, Erik Scott De Bie, Ari Marmell: Books[/ame]

I can't search on this forum, and couldn't manually find reference to it on this forum. Sorry if this is a double-post.

I suppose this is to coincide with the videogame, then?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Its on Amazon but not on the WotC product page, and they haven't said much about it in a while (or about the video game?).

Given recent events--other announced books have been cancelled--there is some speculation as to wether or not we are actually going to see it.

Dausuul

Legend
Assuming it hasn't been canceled entirely, I wonder if this setting will retain Neverwinter as part of the Realms, or if it will try to make Neverwinter a "world-agnostic" locale that can be inserted into any standard D&D campaign world.

Insight

Adventurer
Assuming it hasn't been canceled entirely, I wonder if this setting will retain Neverwinter as part of the Realms, or if it will try to make Neverwinter a "world-agnostic" locale that can be inserted into any standard D&D campaign world.

The latter would be more valuable as a product to WotC and more likely for someone like me (who doesnt play Realms) to purchase it.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Sorry for reposting non-news then. :(

I assume the Nentir Vale setting book was also announced?

Did you see a current listing for it?

Right now that is assumed to be a cancellation. They never came out and said its gone, but they haven't mentioned it as a February release.

ggroy

First Post
Most likely this 4E Neverwinter setting book is already written, and is going through the editing/typesetting phase. (Maybe the editing/typesetting is already done too?)

Though I suspect if the upcoming Neverwinter video game ends up being delayed and/or becoming vaporware, WotC may have second thoughts about releasing this book.

Momeeche

First Post
...will try to make Neverwinter a "world-agnostic" locale...

They may split the baby, so to speak, writing in vague terms about the rest of the Forgotten Realms and including a side bar about including the Neverwinter setting in any world. Assuming the book sees print.

Remove ads