• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Which 2e campaign setting should make a comeback in 4e?

Which 2e setting should make a comeback?

• Al-Qadim

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Birthright

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 43 22.4%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Oriental Adventures

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 45 23.4%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 20 10.4%

schroederlance

First Post
Gotta go with Birthright simply because it would re-introduce something other than hack and slash dungeoneering back into D&D. Also the hinted at, expanded Diplomacy rules the designers have mentioned would seem to be a good fit for a political campaign.

Oh yeah, since no one has mentioned it before ;) ...

...Birthright had the best villains!

WyzardWhately

First Post
I would like to see Birthright done well. I mean, crazy awesome well. I'd also like to see Greyhawk come back, but I probably wouldn't actually be pleased with what we got if they did it. Really, what I say when I mean Greyhawk is a more Sword & Sorcery style setting, where PCs are dirty, gold and gems flow through your hands like water, and the adventuring is concentrated in the Heroic levels, with a few higher level threats that are more-or-less integral parts of the setting (like Iuz. He's not just hard to kill and worth killing, it's a big deal if you kill him.)

Planescape, Spelljammer, and Dark Sun would also be cool.

Remove ads