• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What Edition was it?

dave2008

Legend
I did get the 4e death saves one wrong that Mearles also got wrong. The fact that 5e just lifted the rule out of 4e makes it a good trick question.
Not completely pulled from 4e. The big difference was in the quote. In 4e your death saves reset after a rest vs 5e where the reset when you are stabilized or gain any hit points. So in any given combat you only ever get 3 failures in 4e while they can be virtually infinite in 5e.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
My biggest takeaway is that I want to try the optional rule where characters auto succeed at any skill check with a DC of their relevant ability score minus 5 or less

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
This video has me really thinking about buying D&D Trivia Pursuit...
Bought it for x-mas. It is actually pretty tough. Even if you know all of the editions, know most of the monsters, etc., they have cards that ask very specific things about specific rooms in old adventure modules. It's fun but really only playable with a group of people who are very familiar with the game and multiple editions, including old and new adventure modules.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Bought it for x-mas. It is actually pretty tough. Even if you know all of the editions, know most of the monsters, etc., they have cards that ask very specific things about specific rooms in old adventure modules. It's fun but really only playable with a group of people who are very familiar with the game and multiple editions, including old and new adventure modules.
Has anyone done a trivia thread here before?

I think it would be fun to have a thread where someone posts a trivia question. The first poster to correctly answer it then has to post a question, and so on.

I'm sure someone less tired than I could come up with a system where you earn points and can "win", but a more laid-back conversational thread mike work better in a discussion forum. Also, trying to make it a competition feels kinda silly when were are all sitting at your computers with the internet.

Remove ads