• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) What do we know about the subclasses in the OneD&D PHB?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If they are mining other books for subclasses, any guesses on what will make the cut?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bladesinger, Astral Monk, or Circle of Spores Druid as I see those referenced a lot.
So the below information can give us some ideas, though it is only oaetial. These were the most popular Subclasses.on D&S Bwyond in 2019, limited only to players who had all optional unlocked, and for single class chara4acticelt being used.

Screenshot_20230611_151359_Chrome.jpg

So for this less than perfect snapshot, we see the following non-PHB Subclasses that make the top 3 for their Class:

• Barbarian: Zealot
  • Bard: Sword & Whispers
  • Cleric: Forge
  • Druid: Dreams
  • Fighter: all PHB
  • Monk: Kensai
  • Paladin: Conquest
  • Ranger: Gloom Stalker
  • Rogue: Swashbuckler
  • Sorcerer: Divine & Shadow
  • Warlock: Hexblade & Celestial
  • Wizard: Bladesinger & War Mage

So as of 2019, two years post Xanathar's Guide, 14 Subclasses from Xanathar's and 1 from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide had become popular enough that I would consider them serious contenders. Bladesinger stands out, as it was the moat popular single Wizard Subclas, and was from SCAG instead of Xanathar's.

Other than Bladesinger, not sure about other Subclasses in Tasha's being "Top 4" material.

Clint_L

Legend
If they are mining other books for subclasses, any guesses on what will make the cut?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bladesinger, Astral Monk, or Circle of Spores Druid as I see those referenced a lot.
I think Way of Mercy monk as that has quickly become the favoured sub-class, though perhaps it is too recent to be thought to need an update. Swashbuckler. Gloomstalker. Twilight Cleric...so it can be rebalanced?

Remove ads