• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Bard is the biggest mystery in the 5.75e PHB

Remathilis

Legend
Even gra timg that, yeah, Tashia where the designers really made the turn into thinking about new Core books...it really is not a major shift.
I know it doesn't line up perfectly with the SRD number reasoning, but I think the numbering works great for discussions.

5.0 : 2014 PHB.
5.1: Tasha/MotM era
5.2: 24 PHB.

It shows incremental shifts rather than these quarter/half jumps.

I know it doesn't line up perfectly with the SRD number reasoning, but I think the numbering works great for discussions.

5.0 : 2014 PHB.
5.1: Tasha/MotM era
5.2: 24 PHB.

It shows incremental shifts rather than these quarter/half jumps.
That order makes the most sense of anything proposed. Like @Henadic Theologian said, it isn’t a precise science, but this classification is at least logical!

Stormonu

Legend
Eh, I could get behind straight 5E being the 2014 version, 5.25 adding Xanathar's, 5.5 being Tasha's and the 2024 books being 5.75.

Doesn't matter anyways, as I'm going to 5.9543 Hawkeye anyways.

My biggest concern about the Bard in the UA, is when they tried to streamline weapon proficiencies in all classes, harming the Rogue and the Bard. Currently Bard's don't get proficiency in Rapier, Hand Crossbow, Shortwords or Longswords, as they only get Simple Weapon Proficiency and nothing else. Yes I know that backgrounds are more likely to grant proficiencies in weapons now, but a Bard using a Rapier is very much something that exists in my concepts of a Bard.

Remove ads