• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) We’ll be merging the One D&D and D&D forums shortly

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
729bf37e-d5ff-4ecd-a6c2-be324462a877_text.gif
Of course, in that case reintegration wasn't possible. Perhaps that was the point...

aco175

Legend
I can certainly see a rash of threads when the new books come out. Will everyone go out of their way to label the thread with whatever new PHB tag they want, sure. Do they need to, no. It's not like anyone will be asking about the old book and why one power was moved from 5th to 9th level, or why the new spell X sucks. I mean we all will know.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
With apologies to Billy Joel:

What's the matter with the fighter I'm playing?
Can't you tell your attack's too high?
Maybe I should take a level of sorcerer
Don't do that till you're level five
Where have you been hidin' in the shadows now, roguey,
no invisible cloak unless you spend a lot of money
Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new books
Funny, but it's still 5e to me

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Was wondering where all these threads I hadn't seen before had come from. Good to see they'll finally be where they've belonged this whole time.

It’s hard to predict how the community will react and qualify the 2024 phb before having the final product in hands,
Despite official claims about compatibility, if the community say ”it’s a new edition“ so it will be.
Well, given it is pretty much identical to the level of change seen with 3.5e....

5e 2024 Players Handbook ...

24PH? 24ph?

24MM, 24mm

24DG, 24dg
5.5e. Just because Wizards is too fearful to name it sincerely, doesn't mean we cannot be honest with ourselves. It is 5th edition, revised. That's literally what they've done, they have revised and updated the classes and spells, tweaked a few rules, and added some new bells and whistles on top of the existing mechanical framework. While you can use older options, most of them will require at least a bit of adaptation, e.g. races and backgrounds work differently now, and frankly there's very little to zero reason to want to play the original versions of most of the classes (Warlock especially), unless you just hate change because it's change.

It's 5.5e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads