• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Teaser Video: Who are the Players?

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Hello!

I sort of got the idea that the guys playing D&D in the (in)famous teaser video are part of the D&D R&D at WotC (a mouthful of abbreviations, for sure).

Is that right, and is so, who is who?

/M

Sun Knight said:
I don't particularly care. I found that teaser video somewhat insulting. That announcer guy with the lisp was overly annoying.

It was satire. The point of satire is to insult, but in a way that highlights the negative aspects they wanted to illustrate for the video. Also, he was supposed to be French I think.

Also, I know the DM is Scott Rouse. Mearls is in there somewhere too. Probably the fool trying to grapple the troll.

-TRRW

Sun Knight

First Post
Their aim was to insult their long time customers? I have been gaming DnD for years and that is how WotC see people like me? Oh yes, that makes me really want to buy their products now.

RigaMortus2

First Post
Sun Knight said:
Their aim was to insult their long time customers? I have been gaming DnD for years and that is how WotC see people like me? Oh yes, that makes me really want to buy their products now.

Not you, but the clunky rules of 3E. Obviously you missed the point of the whole video.

Sun Knight

First Post
I saw the video and the players look like idiots. That is my assessment of it. "What's my THAC0?" Gee, I don't know why that would be even asked during combat. That sort of thing would be written down on the character sheet and updated when the character leveled. Basic stuff like that would be prepared before the session even starts yet during the whole video the players weren't prepared at all for the game session.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Sun Knight said:
I don't particularly care. I found that teaser video somewhat insulting. That announcer guy with the lisp was overly annoying.

That was not my question. Please respect my intent with the OP.

/M

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Sun Knight said:
Having lived and played through those eras, it was all too realistic.

Remove ads