• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starfinder My Type of Starfinder - With a Little D&D

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
When I think about the type of Starfinder game I would want to run, I think about a few things.

First, turn the Starfinder Society into a pseudo-Starfleet. Not as rigid, no uniforms, but definitely an organization based on exploration. The heroes, though, might be more akin to the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Second, I would turn Absalom Station into the Starfinder version of Babylon 5/Deep Space 9. I'd like to create a few locales the players might frequent.

Now, I think that's all doable and sounds right in tune with what Starfinder is.

The part where I get stuck is where I want Starfinder to cross over into the D&D multiverse. When Golarion was first introduced, it was described as "an old new world." In other words, it was a new setting, but many of the themes should feel familiar. From those early days, Golarion felt every bit like a D&D world. It just had a different label, is all.

I'd like a Starfinder where I could easily port in any D&D-ism I want. So, for example, I could have races like the thri-kreen, starfighters facing off against dragons, rangers fighting with two magical swords against robots, skittermanders riding ponies, and so forth.

While I prefer the D&D 5e rules, Starfinder has a great setting that I love. I just wish it crossed over into fantasy more and felt like it could cross over into the D&D multiverse.

And yes, I've looked at several D&D sci-fantasy and sci-fi books. None of them are truly grabbing me.

Anyway, that's the type of Starfinder I would like to play.

Remove ads