• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Spells that target a specific Monster Type

While most spells in A5e can be used on any Monster Type, there are a few spells that target a specific Monster Type (ex. Humanoid). But which type is targeted more and by how much? And how many spells target the other types?

xiphumor

Legend
While most spells in A5e can be used on any Monster Type, there are a few spells that target a specific Monster Type (ex. Humanoid). But which type is targeted more and by how much? And how many spells target the other types?
The answer is almost certainly that Humanoid is targeted most because the division is often that a lower level spell targets humanoids and a higher level spell targets everything, e.g. Charm Person / Charm Monster. I don’t have statistics on how many spells are like this though. I doubt there are many that specifically target things like aberrations and not other creatures simply because they would be too circumstantial.

The answer is almost certainly that Humanoid is targeted most because the division is often that a lower level spell targets humanoids and a higher level spell targets everything, e.g. Charm Person / Charm Monster. I don’t have statistics on how many spells are like this though. I doubt there are many that specifically target things like aberrations and not other creatures simply because they would be too circumstantial.
I figured Humanoid was the targeted the most as most heritages in A5e have that type. As for the other monster types, you are better off using a spell that just targets almost every type.

Remove ads