• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Scott Rouse and D&D Team on 5th Edition ("satire")

Status
Not open for further replies.

DungeonMaester

First Post
Dave, when will the podcast presume?

Even with all the 4e fuss, I really enjoy all the insight of the podcast have to offer even if I agree with what is said or not.

I have been staring at iTunes for what seems like forever waiting for a new podcast to come.

---Rusty

WotC_Dave

First Post
Mike and I recorded a podcast last week that will air next week. It's a pretty weird podcast, though, because we knew everyone would know about 4e when they were listening, but it was still a big secret when we recorded it.

I think we started it with something like, "Greetings, people of the future!" or something like that. It includes our predictions for how people would react to the announcement, so there's probably some humor to be had there, too.

Expect it next week on iTunes and the Insider site.

We'll probably go back into the recording studio next week, and one of the things I'll do is extract a GenCon report from Mike. And realistically, we'll talk about nothing but 4e. I'm pretty sure that's what people want to hear about, and it'll be nice to talk about our day jobs for a change.

--David Noonan, game designer, Wizards of the Coast.

DCrane1

First Post
You left out something in your rant, the one thing that I hate about 4e. The switch to a more minis-centric game. I really can't stand this, don't get me wrong, I have and use the minis for 3.5 but I don't need to. If 4e is anything like Saga I will need to.

The only other complaint is how skills work. If someone is an adventurer for a while and kills some hobgoblins and gets to level 5 they are now better at lute playing, despite never picking up a lute, then a level 1 street preformer.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
GAAAHHH said:
If they didn't lie so much, we might take them at their word. Respect is something that has to be earned. In my opinion, they haven't earned it.

This is the most offensive thing in this whole thread.

Razz don't worry we have developed nice, thick hides from all your razzing. :heh:

Thaniel

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
This is the most offensive thing in this whole thread.

Razz don't worry we have developed nice, thick hides from all your razzing. :heh:
I'd second this..

Gaaahhh: Exactly who 'lied' and when?

If it's about posts like "There will be no 4e" and the like, I suppose you've never heard of a non-disclosure agreement. I wouldnt be surprised if, in addition to the "you won't tell anyone about this" there was some "you will explicitly say that we're not working on this". Lying is one thing. Protecting company secrets is another, in my opinion.*

*From someone who knows all about lying to protect company secrets (in an entirely different market, not even remotely RPG-related).

Wik

First Post
Oh, they lied. Trust me.

Rouse said he'd call me, after I stole him that Eye-Gem from the Dungeon of the Were-rats. We were gonna go out for icecream.

But I give him the eye-gem, and what happens?

STILL NO ICE CREAM, ROUSE!

...I feel used.

Dyne

First Post
Anyone that took offense at this thread is pathetic and seriously needs to take another look at their life and their priorities.

Jhaelen

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
Whether one agrees with Razz's PoV or not, it is in fact refreshing to see something other than "yay!" regarding the whole [partly defined] package.

The delivery, however, I was not so keen on either. But yeah, whatever.
'Refreshing' is about the last thing that comes to my mind these days when reading one of Razz's posts. This isn't funny, it's sad.

He used to have some interesting things to say, but those days are long gone, it seems. (Now, where's that 'ignore' feature again...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads