• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Running Innenotdar WotBS #2 (spoilers)

sfedi

First Post
The trait I made him was that whenever he smiled, I put an angry face, showing my teeth.

I portrayed him as a polite, kind, benevolent and enthusiast researcher.

In this contest, the song came a little bit off.

But it wasn't a big deal.

John Doom

Explorer
Nice idea, I like it.

I forgot that if they die within the forest, Indomitability revives them.

Our warlock got annihilated by the bat-swarms and attempting to fight Haddin. (The group left Haddin to die in the fire after he made the Warlock dive off the bridge)

I had been thinking that in the final fight I could bring both of them back as NPCs to fight against the group under the power of Indomitablity to prevent the 'surround and coup de gras' battle that previous GMs have experienced.

Any recommendations on this?

sfedi

First Post
Our warlock got annihilated by the bat-swarms and attempting to fight Haddin. (The group left Haddin to die in the fire after he made the Warlock dive off the bridge)

I had been thinking that in the final fight I could bring both of them back as NPCs to fight against the group under the power of Indomitablity to prevent the 'surround and coup de gras' battle that previous GMs have experienced.

Any recommendations on this?
I would be worried about:
- players missing a chance to get their character back
- players feeling they are been cheated
- seems a forced solution to a problem that should be solved on it's own (the final encounter vs Indomitability)
- Haddin should be a problem, he would almost certainly be saved by Indomitability

Perhaps you can have Haddin control the Warlock and send him to die against it's former companions. That should be tragic, balanced and fair. IMHO.

Daern

Explorer
I'm going to be running the encounter with Khadral next session. They'll probably end up doing the Myconid fight and then the Ritual, if we get there. Any advice on how to handle setting up the ritual and skill challenge?
Is the idea that the Dryad comes running out (possibly) attracting attacks and then jumps in the lake because the ritual cured her first? Then the quake happens and the burning children are stuck and must be coaxed across... what does the mother do? Shriek from the water? Get in the way?
And what about the Desecration Trap? Does it affect the rescue of the children? Must it be beaten to get down into the fissure?
I'd really like to get this right...

Daern

Explorer
Where are people at in this mod? Sfedi, have you finished it? Any advice? I've just reached Indominability's Offer.

Panthanas

Explorer
Where are people at in this mod?

My group is about to enter Act III. We wrapped up last session with the PCs saving Tiljaan. We'll start the next session with the gaining Tiljaan's trust skill challenge.

Things have been pretty smooth so far, although I keep forgetting to use the downed creatures Rekindle abilities. The one time I remembered they all failed the save anyway (cursed dice!) so wouldn't rekindle until an hour later...oh well.

Daern

Explorer
Cool! How did the Encounter with the eladrin ghost knight play out? And the Unicorn encounter?
I feel like these RP encounters are crucial to filling in the story...

Panthanas

Explorer
Cool! How did the Encounter with the eladrin ghost knight play out? And the Unicorn encounter?
I feel like these RP encounters are crucial to filling in the story...

My group didn't head towards the mouth of the river and have not encountered the unicorn.

As for the eladrin knight, that went pretty smoothly. They didn't try to fight him or anything. He asked that they retrieve the remains of the other knight from the cave. They weren't real keen on that idea, but eventually went along with it.

It was a conversation encounter. The knight asked what had happend to the forest to get the conversation rolling. The group had a good idea that the goblins may have started the fire and they received more clues to support that idea as well as further information about Shahalesti involvement during this encounter.

The group didn't want to explore the basement of the shine though. I had to have the knight ask for them to accompany him into the shrine after they retrieved the remains. Other than that, it went off without a problem.

sfedi

First Post
Hi! I'm back, I'll post soon my group's advances. I have another group that's going to make the encounter against the Inquisitor at Scourge's end, so I'll havo two groups in this adventure.

The main group is now rescuing Khadral from the goblin ritual and will soon meet Tiljann.

More info later this week.

Remove ads