• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Running Innenotdar WotBS #2 (spoilers)

EugeneZ

First Post
Torrent was killed in Gate Pass, and one of the characters got infuriated when Haddin tried to mind control him during a heated argument and killed him during the first extended rest in the forest. I do run Crystin but I mostly have her alternate between cowering in fear, running away, and occassionally tossing a magic missle.

sfedi

First Post
Ok, we've finished the Swarm bats encoutner and moved on.

These swarms gave them hell of a run for their money.

Some things that came up during the session:

- I've changed the area of a Smoking Cloud to be a Burst 2
- So far, I'm not sure how to introduce them into a combat, and what's the point of it
What I'm doing is to roll 1d6 to see when ir appears, I then randomly determine which side of the battlefield it will appear on, and then I randomly determine it's course to the opposite side
- I determined that to know what a Shaterspell does you had to roll a DC 15 Arcana check
- A DC 20 Arcana check tells you also that you can chill it to make it a potion that gives spell resist damage
- I changed how Shaterspell works, because it scales weirdly.
It works like: A 1 + level bonus vs Will of the Zone caster to dispel it, entirely
- I don't know how much it affects the rest of the campaign this
- In order to chill the potion you had to use a power that deals Cold damage while holding the Shaterspell and it remained in potion form for 5 minutes. In the case of the Innenotdar Forest, it will remain only for a minute, not that it matters too much.

Last edited:

Daern

Explorer
Hey Sfedi, I think the clouds are a great way to bring the flavor text onto the battlefield. Describing alot of smoke and an asking for endurance checks during the traveling scenes then makes it logical that there would be floating smoke clouds on the battle field. Your ideas for randomness sound great. I would come up with some handy prop to mark the smoke cloud's area. Maybe a circle of black paper...

sfedi

First Post
Alternative Treasure

Since the adventurers will not have an opportunity to spend money on this adventure, I thought I could replace the money rewards for consumable items, wondrous and items that are improbable of ever getting bought.

Note that this treasure isn't as helpful as it could be, so to still reward prepared PCs.
But is helpful enough so that PCs have at least some protection against fire and death.

At the left of the item I list a GP value, which I use as the amount of money treasure I swap out.
Since there's some treasure that the party wouldn't have purchased, and it's likely to be sold, that item GP value count as it's selling value.
Consumables GP value count as it's full purchase value.

Below is the list of items more appropiate for each encounter that gives treasure:

PCs level - Encounter
Level - GP equivalent - Description

4 to 6 - Kazyk
104 gp - Prison of Salzacas (20%) (replaces the finger)

4- Ending Suffering
30 gp - Stonemeal Biscuit

4- Dangerous Crossing
30 gp - Stonemeal Biscuit
40 gp - Potion of Fire Resistance
104 gp - Shroud of Protection (20%)
360 gp - Belt of Endurance (20%)

4- A Cool Cave
40 gp - Life Shroud

4- Reagents (Myconid Cave)
75 gp - Fire Beetle Potion

5 - Entering the Fort
50 gp - Potion of Clarity
104 gp - Battle Standard of Honor (20%)
125 gp - Elixir of Accuracy

5 - Village Wanderers
200 gp - Stag Helm (20%)

5 - Indomitable Goblins (Myconid Cave overrun with Goblins)

5 - Remains of the Day (Rescue of Khadral)
100 gp - Elixir of Cold Dragonbreath

5 - The Mouth of the River (Nelle)
30 gp - Herbal Poultice
40 gp - Life Shroud
50 gp - Potion of Spirit (+2)
350 gp - Elixir of Speed

6 - Shrine of Love (Pond Hag)
30 gp - Herbal Poultice
350 gp - Rust Bark

6 - Dryad Burning Bright (Dryad Grove)
30 gp - Herbal Poultice
200 gp - Boots of the Dryad (20%)

6 - Conclusion (Reward from the Seela)
30 gp - Herbal Poultice
200 gp - Flame Rose
350 gp - Elixir of Speed

Daern

Explorer
I dig giving out more obscure treasure as well, but that list seems a wee bit overboard. They could still score a weapon off those Solaris guys in the cave, or find armor in the tower. Its a lot of levels to not find any shiny swords.
cheers

sfedi

First Post
Oh, that's only the treasure that I give INSTEAD of giving gold.

Of course they get weapons/implements, armors and neck items.

Oh, and today we begun the combat against the new official updated Kazyk.

Man, he kicks ass. They are really worried about the combat, although they aren't in any real danger.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads