• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post reporting for other users shown in settings

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Hello!

I my settings, I can see my 10 latest posts. One of these read "Reported Post by <name removed>". The name is not mine, so this means that I can see that another poster reported a post. EDIT: I can't see which thread, but I can see that a poster sent a report.

Not a big thing, but it seems like a bug to me.

/M

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
That doesn't sound right. I wonder if it is a bug in vbulletin itself, or arising from one of our plug-ins?

Once Morrus has his computer working again he may be in a better position to comment.

Cheers

fba827

Adventurer
Hello!

I my settings, I can see my 10 latest posts. One of these read "Reported Post by <name removed>". The name is not mine, so this means that I can see that another poster reported a post. EDIT: I can't see which thread, but I can see that a poster sent a report.

Not a big thing, but it seems like a bug to me.

/M

Actually, I am having the EXACT same issue today (my post list has a reported post entry by Alan Shutko). However, because I reported a post around the same time as this thread in my list, I sort of assumed (rightfully or wrongfully) that this other person and I both reported the same post and the mods just merged our reports together in that special place that they do.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Right, that's exactly what happened. In this case, both Alan Shutko and fba827 reported some spam. Alan did so first, so we get a new thread in our secret ModCave entitled "Reported Post by Alan Shutko." Then fba827 reports the same post. The system is smart enough to merge those two, so the new thread from Alan has a new post in it from fba. That's what you're seeing.

fba827

Adventurer
Right, that's exactly what happened. In this case, both Alan Shutko and fba827 reported some spam. Alan did so first, so we get a new thread in our secret ModCave entitled "Reported Post by Alan Shutko." Then fba827 reports the same post. The system is smart enough to merge those two, so the new thread from Alan has a new post in it from fba. That's what you're seeing.

Yeah - figured. Sorry that you got a duplicate report. I didn't see a message saying it had already been reported which is why I did so... so I couldn't have known that was the case, but sorry it was a duplicate none the less :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In the past, duplicate reports were a bit of an issue. Now, it isn't too big a deal - on our end all the reports about one post get consolidated in one thread.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Right. Since duplicate reports are automatically combined in one thread, it's no problem at all. I'd much rather have than than have it go unreported!

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Right, that's exactly what happened. In this case, both Alan Shutko and fba827 reported some spam. Alan did so first, so we get a new thread in our secret ModCave ...
You realize of course that having told us of its existence you now have to write an adventure module "Expedition to the Secret ModCave" that kills the adventurers by drowning them in red letters... ;)

Lan-"I am not volunteering for this mission"-efan

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Talking amongst ourselves in red text would be kind of like a group of Obi-Wans trying to tell each other that these are not the droids you're looking for, so we don't generally use Mod Voice in the Secret Cave.

Except for Rel. But he's just weird :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads