The Ethics of Two Way Ignore

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
You can go into your settings and say which tags you don't want to see. I don't see Pathfinder threads, for instance, since I have very little interest in it.

Not quite the same as a thread-level ignore feature, but if there are topics you just don't care about, you do have the tools to pre-emptively zap a lot of them. (And the more tags that get added, the more robust that feature becomes.)

Riley

Legend
Supporter
You can go into your settings and say which tags you don't want to see. I don't see Pathfinder threads, for instance, since I have very little interest in it.

Not quite the same as a thread-level ignore feature, but if there are topics you just don't care about, you do have the tools to pre-emptively zap a lot of them. (And the more tags that get added, the more robust that feature becomes.)

I like the firehose-of-everything that is the “latest posts” feed. I’m potentially interested in anything from any of the subforums, and any tag.

It’s just the occasional thread that I want to specifically kill - and thus far, ignoring the first poster of that thread is the only method I’ve found to accomplish that. And I feel a little bad about using it on a specific user.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I like the firehose-of-everything that is the “latest posts” feed. I’m potentially interested in anything from any of the subforums, and no matter what tags.

It’s just the occasional thread that I want to specifically kill - and thus far, ignoring the first poster of that thread is the only method I’ve found to accomplish that. And I feel a little bad about using it on a specific user.
The capability of ignoring threads would be quite useful, I agree.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Yep, I'd be ignoring all of those survivor threads. I guess I already do, but imagine how much easier it would be to click on a thread, select "ignore thread", and then never have to worry about it ever again.

Scribe

Legend
Yep, I'd be ignoring all of those survivor threads. I guess I already do, but imagine how much easier it would be to click on a thread, select "ignore thread", and then never have to worry about it ever again.

I have inquired on this, I dont think its an option.

Remove ads