• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Next Playtest Packet?

I am going to complain loudly in the survey about going back to the 2014 subclass progressions. Although I would prefer to have subclasses start at first level for all classes. They never really asked in any previous surveys about how we felt about the new unified subclass progression. I hate to see Rogues and Bards in particular go back to the old progression and have huge gaps with no subclass advancement.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I am going to complain loudly in the survey about going back to the 2014 subclass progressions. Although I would prefer to have subclasses start at first level for all classes. They never really asked in any previous surveys about how we felt about the new unified subclass progression. I hate to see Rogues and Bards in particular go back to the old progression and have huge gaps with no subclass advancement.
Wow, I read the summary but must have glossed over that bit. While I too would like subclasses to start at 1st level, if I can't have that, at least we had unified subclass levels. I think we can ignore mu comment about weapon mastery, this step backwards has killed what little enthusiasm I had, I don't think I care enough about the updates any more to bother with the revision.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Thinking back, it's kind if interesting to see how I went from 100% gonna buy at the start of the playtest, to basically 0% interest based on the last playtest and what little we know about the next.
And this is why it's ridiculous for any of us to make any decisions or declarations now anyway. It doesn't matter in the slightest how any of us feel right now about whether we want to buy the product, so why waste our time and energy getting up in arms about it? We still have an entire year before we have to worry about it, and an entire year for Wizards to do whatever additions and subtractions to the game to get it into fighting shape. Who knows what is going to happen in that year and who knows how many rules are going to be changed behind the scenes that never get put out into public playtest that end up working for us (or not working for us)?

All we should be doing right now is looking at these packets merely as interesting fossils of what will eventually be the 5E24 books, and giving our opinions on some of the items they are presenting (if we feel like it). But none of us should be getting excited about any of this stuff, nor mad at any of it, because the odds of actually seeing any of these individual little bits and bobs get published as-is is exceedingly small. Everything is going to change. Multiple times over. So for our own sanity... we can look at it all with a curious eye, but that should be it. No emotional connection to it at all. Anything else is a waste.

No emotional connection to it at all. Anything else is a waste.

You are definitely too sane for the internet.

I agree. Seeing people up in arms about perceived nerfs or power creep is disheartening.

Especially when we see only a part of the whope piece.
A bit was probably on WotC, because they decided which part we see first, but there was still a lot of overreacting.

Remove ads