• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition Is Coming!

Level Up is the working title for a standalone 'advanced 5E' backwards compatible tabletop RPG coming to Kickstarter in 2021 from EN Publishing. A crunchier, more flexible version of the 5E ruleset which you know and love. If you love 5E but would like a little more depth to the ruleset, Level Up is the game for you! Level Up is the working codename for a standalone hardcover roleplaying...

Level Up is the working title for a standalone 'advanced 5E' backwards compatible tabletop RPG coming to Kickstarter in 2021 from EN Publishing.

bb2.jpg

A crunchier, more flexible version of the 5E ruleset which you know and love. If you love 5E but would like a little more depth to the ruleset, Level Up is the game for you!

Level Up is the working codename for a standalone hardcover roleplaying game brought to you by the team which brought you EN5ider Magazine and Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters!

Sign up for news about Level Up! This mailing list is for news, surveys, feedback, and playtests. Or simply register your interest in the Kickstarter.

This is an ‘advanced’ version of the 5E ruleset, presented as a hardcover standalone game. It adds more customization and depth to the game. Basically, it’s a ‘crunchier’ version of 5th Edition. It's still the game you know and love. We love it too! All your 5E books will be compatible with this new game.

We already have a list of what we want to include in Level Up, although this list is not yet final We’ll be using surveys to adjust that list. We hope to include a fully developed exploration pillar, flexible character choices at each level, a new approach to heritage, martial maneuvers, a ‘cinematic/gritty’ toggle, spell-less ranger and warlord, and followers and strongholds, and more. Keep an eye out for the surveys!

We are also recruiting a diverse team of expert 5th Edition writers. We’ll have more news on that soon.

So you know Pathfinder already exists, right?
Pathfinder seems fiddlier with decision points that are less useful ribbons to fuss over.

Probably 5e is on the right track with more substantial decision points:
• feat-like units
• half-feat-like units

For players who like to fiddle, a half-feat unit can offer about four proficiency-like units.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Sounds interesting. Is this related to the Goodman Games magazine of the same name?
I don't get any hits on web searches for "Goodman Games" and "Advanced Fifth Edition". On DriveThruRPG they have a magazine called Fifth Edition Fantasy. Is that what you were thinking of?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I have a really peculiar wish for this project. I'll probably be trashed for preoccupying myself with pointless stuff, but here it is:
I wish the art and general look of the book will be somewhat consistent with the presentation of WotC books. It does not require to be the same thing or try too hard to replicate it, but an evocative art-style, like the one currently used for the placeholder name in the OP. Sometime, and I really mean no offense and it does not have any effect on the actual quality of the content, the art used in some ENsider products are a little all over the place, mixing classical piece, stock images and more cartoony ones. The more recent kickstarter for MF&MM had really good art, the only piece I found clashing, at least in the preview I saw was the 3D-modeled Cthulhu. I hope the book will reflect the same quality in imagery as seen in this last project.

Anyway, just my personal non-content-related wish for this project, hope I did not hurt anybody.

Remove ads

Remove ads