• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Flag [KOBOLD PRESS] Tales of the Valiant KS is Live!

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Regarding the preview booklet...why do wizards get absolutely no weapon proficiencies? Do they pick them up elsewhere? I didn't see it, easily could have missed it.

Regarding the preview booklet...why do wizards get absolutely no weapon proficiencies? Do they pick them up elsewhere? I didn't see it, easily could have missed it.
There's a developer diary at the ToV website that states it was a conscious decision to differentiate wizards and martials. SUPREME COSMIC POWER no weapon proficiencies.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
In the table is says NONE! So, um, wizards can't fight? Harsh.....
They can fight. They're just terrible at it (penalized for attacking without proficiency in whatever weapon they use).

Honestly, that seems fine to me. And if you're going to be terrible at fighting with weapons, there's no reason for the wizard to not pick up that magic sword no one else wants once they've all got better ...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads