• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Hypothesis: Playtest 7 delayed to add elements inspired by BG3

Is this a 'dont use real world cultural terms' change? I havent read the Barbarian section yet, or played the BG3 one (Berzerker for life!).
I personally doubt it. I mean, the class is still called Barbarian.

I think it's more that it was a dumb name in the first place.

Jeremy makes an interesting comparsion of Sorcerer's Innate Magic to Barbarian's Rage.

A Divine Soul can at higher levels with innate magic can cast a Quickened Empowered Sacred Lance as a bonus action while casting an Empowered Healing Mass Cure Wounds (Empowered Healing works like Metamagic, but isn't).

BTW Aberrant Soul means that Cantrip Mind Slice is also in the book as they get it for free.

Warlock Great Old One with Mind Slice + Agonizing Blast + Repulsing Blast + Eldrich Spear has serious psion vibes.

BTW Aberrant Soul means that Cantrip Mind Slice is also in the book as they get it for free.

Warlock Great Old One with Mind Slice + Agonizing Blast + Repulsing Blast + Eldrich Spear has serious psion vibes.
Mind Sliver?

The trouble is you're giving up a completely insane amount of damage to do that. Eldritch Blast gives you Agonizing Blast and Repulsing Blast multiple times.

Not only does Mind Sliver do slightly over 50% of the damage of EB baseline, but it also benefits less from Advantage (much more common than Disadvantage, as anyone who has played 5E knows), but with AB involved, it does far, far less than 50% damage. 1d6+3 compared to 1d10+3, scaling up to 4d6+5 vs 4d10+20.

So you'd be a fool, honestly, to take AB with Mind Slice.

Now if AB worked with ALL damaging cantrips, or could be changed on a Short Rest, then we'd be talking about something impressive.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads