• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Happy 50th, Forgotten Realms!

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I am certain that's how you view things, but not everyone else sees things the way you do.

Me, I am looking forward to the next 50 years of awesomeness. Happy birthday Realms!

I am certain that's how you view things, but not everyone else sees things the way you do.

Me, I am looking forward to the next 50 years of awesomeness. Happy birthday Realms!
Please tell me anything else you count that way... Ed insists his contributions predate Gary, but I do not like that at all

KarinsDad

Adventurer

That's OK. Thisis a thread for people who enjoy the Realms. If that's not your cup of tea, no problem: plenty of other threads on EN World for you to enjoy.

Have fun! :)
what... how dare you tell me where I can and can't post. Thisis of the thread is the realms is 50 years old, this is the thread I wish to post in... it is not 50 years old, nothing else in published history is messured this way...

I love the Dresden Novels, and I know the writer spent years trying to get published, but those years don't count... it's age goes from publication date. I'm not being insulting or causeing a problem all I am doing is tating the facts... the forgotten realms is 28years old...

I do notice you avoided the question, do you count everything this way, or only things the creator calls out and self promotes themselves that way?

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
Sorry, but imaginary games at age 5 do not count.
Closer to 7, actually. And it was a story, not a game. And it's OK, I wasn't asking for anyone's permission on what does or does not "count", thanks.

If one counts this way, then D&D effectively started over 76 years ago when Gary was born and thoughts slowly started moving through his brain.
I happen to think the history of where games come from is important. D&D didn't start that long ago, but the formative history matters, which is why we have timelines and so many online articles and blog posts on the topic.

Closer to 7, actually. And it was a story, not a game. And it's OK, I wasn't asking for anyone's permission on what does or does not "count", thanks.

I happen to think the history of where games come from is important. D&D didn't start that long ago, but the formative history matters, which is why we have timelines and so many online articles and blog posts on the topic.

can you please explain what makes the forgotten realms so special that his imaginary make believe game at 7 counts toward the age of an established twenty year life of the product...

Remove ads