• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OD&D Errata for OD&D 1974 Edition

Aldarron

Explorer
What I'm particularly interested in knowing, is any textual changes beyond wha't in the errata, the removal of Balrog, and the changing of Tolkien names (Hobbit/halfling etc.).

The first, second, and (I think) third print are identical as far as text and illustrations go. I'd love to get a close look myself but the copies are prohibitively expensive and there don't seem to be any pdfs made yet.

What I know is: The layout is different, with more illustrations appearing later and some illustrations (the sample dungeon and the Castle Construction illios). While a slight bit of info is lost in translation between the construction ilios, the changes in ilios and layout do not affect the text of the rules.

There is one additon in later prints to the Cleric section, where 7th level Clerics must choose between Law and Chaos.

Are there any other textual changes between the 1st print text and the 5th print text that anyone knows of?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads