• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance DragonLance in 5e

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Hi Morrus! I generally agree with you, although as a player/DM I buy advantures that I know I wont get the chance to play with, I don't know about other folks though.

That being said, with D&DNext being modular I think that WotC would be able to publish new player material without restoring to tons of useless (IMO) core books trying to reinvent the wheel every year.

[MENTION=3867]Dragonhelm[/MENTION]. Personally I would rather have the Advantures pathin the format you suggested while showcasing some of the game rules and/or rule modules, I just got my paws on a copy of Dragon of Despair, I admit that the layout hurt my eyes but tbh I think that it's a great module to walk new DMs (and old ones who don't know how) to run a sandbox game while keeping the general flow of the game toward a certain goal, personally I would like to have each section more fleshed out and some more shiny art but the core of the module is nice.

P.s does anyone knows where I can buy PDF copies of the rest of the modules? And if there are PDF of the modules for 3e?

Warder

AlioTheFool

First Post
A least once a month I state on Twitter that I want Margaret Weis Productions to be given the Dragonlance license back. Every single time I post the tweet, it's instantly and repeatedly retweeted. Every time, someone new is involved in the retweeting. There are many, many Dragonlance fans out there, and they would happily pay money for new (even rehashed) Krynnish goodness.

This subgroup of D&D players probably isn't large enough for WotC to directly support, but MWP is perfect for it. I sincerely hope Wizards reconsiders its stance on property licensing in DnDNext or at least puts out materials themselves.

I also had the idea that Wizards should put out material for campaign worlds in gazetteers like TSR put out for Mystara. There would be material for DMs, world-building info, maybe a new class or two, some themes, and even an adventure to cap off the product. This would be the kind of material useful for all players and DMs.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
But that would mean bringing Kender back! :eek:

While you can bet I sympathize with the sentiment, no threadcrapping, please. We don't want to derail the thread into kender-bashing. Thanks. - Piratecat

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Something that just came to mind, considering the fact that some folks find the fact of pregenerated characters with some impact on the story annoying and leading to railroading and looking at the road D&D has traveled over the last twenty years, along with the pregenerated characters I would like to see guidelines to build homemade characters liked to themes so that each theme will be linked to the corresponding character.

Personally, I don't see why anyone wouldn't like to play Raistlin to Tanis but that's just me.

Warder

Remove ads