• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Couple of (hopefully) quick easy questions.

Chronikoce

First Post
Are prestige classes allowed in LPF?
I don't recall seeing anywhere that they are against the rules but figured I had better ask to be safe.

If they are allowed. When you take a prestige class that gives +1 Level of existing spellcasting class does LPF rule that wizards gain 2 more spells for their spell books? This has always been one of those random rules that seems to change from reader to reader on whether wizards learn 2 spells or not.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Prestige classes from sources approved for LPF are allowed for play. Not sure about the answer to your second question, and the only PrC I play is Sorcerer based. As a guess, since she gets her new spells for +1 Caster Level, it looks to me like Wizards would as well.

Chronikoce

First Post
I am thinking of doing a Fighter/Wizard that goes into Eldritch Knight which is why I ask. My groups have always played that wizards get +2 spells as normal (since the other casters learn new spells) but I figured I would ask before getting to far into planning.

I've never actually played a Gish type character before so I want to make sure I know all the little rules that may apply before I get started hehe.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Learning those two spells automatically is a class feature of the wizard class and so would not apply to the prestige class. That's my understanding anyway.

Chronikoce

First Post
Learning those two spells automatically is a class feature of the wizard class and so would not apply to the prestige class. That's my understanding anyway.
That's kinda what I was afraid of. I personally read it that way but it usually got played the other way. I guess it is not that big of a deal, just costly since I have to buy scrolls then pay to inscribe into my spellbook.

Remove ads