• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Gish Thoughts

A gish class can't be a spellcaster with ranged attacks and light armour because then that would be an update of warmage class.

There is a serious risk gish/duskblade class to become obsolete if later there is an update of the martial adepts, and the swordsage would allow a faster reload of the martial maneuvers.

If the gish was a class... how should be the subclasses?

Gish PCs have to save spells for later encounters, but enemy gish bosses can spend all the spells in one encounter.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
What I was going for with this thread was the idea that Gish, conceptually, could be more than Fighter + Mage.

Whether that's the core of a whole gishy class, the use of prestige classes or subclass, the insertion of gish feats, or using a bladelock to be a Fightymage.

It was an attempt to explore thoughts about how different martial and magical styles might blend into new character identities that could be explored through different mechanical structures, up to and including class design.

I'll probably start working on it for some product or another. Though, if I'm honest, I'll probably just do it as A5e Motif classes.

Remove ads