• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Psionics and 1hr/level buffs...

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Vurt said:

Maybe, but part of the problem with the animal buffs was spellcasters casting all them all on everyone else in the party. With Animal Affinity's range of 'personal', that just isn't going to happen for a psionicist. I don't think I could simply accept that change, it's definitely something I'd have to playtest first.

Vurt
I think the personal only range is well compensated for by the versatility of the power ie. all 6 stats can be boosted by just that one power if manifested multiple times. Compared to the sorcerer, that is a reasonable boon. IMC I have put back the Animal Affinity power at 10/min level though.

I have also changed Greater Metaphysical weapon to give only +1/4 manifester levels.

Rav

Vurt

First Post
Ravellion said:
I think the personal only range is well compensated for by the versatility of the power ie. all 6 stats can be boosted by just that one power if manifested multiple times. Compared to the sorcerer, that is a reasonable boon. IMC I have put back the Animal Affinity power at 10/min level though.

I have also changed Greater Metaphysical weapon to give only +1/4 manifester levels.

Rav

Those changes certainly sound reasonable. Mostly I'm concerned about psywars running out of PP after an encounter or three and hiding behind the sorc for the rest of the day. :D

But hey, in the General Discussion forum, looks like April 1st, 2004 is being bandied around as the release date for the revised PsiHB! Only 9 more months to go!

Vurt

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ah, personally, I never really liked the Psionic warrior class, as I think that if the Fighter Wizard needs to multiclass, so must the Fighter Psion. Oh well.

Rav

Remove ads