• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General You thought the Mercer Effect was bad...

Creative use of magic items is so much fun. Also using it to put something in a vault instead of retireving it.
Creating distractions instead of just mindlessly fighting everyone.
Making plans and new plans on the go.
And one final fight against the Big Bad.

How is that different from a usual game? Or better. I wish my games would always be like that?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
If a new player's only exposure to D&D was the movie, I'd have to sit that player down and explain that the movie is showing characters after they've already been played a lot (i.e. are considerably higher than 1st level) and that getting to be like the movie characters takes a fair amount of play, along with some luck.

Andvari

Hero
If a new player's only exposure to D&D was the movie, I'd have to sit that player down and explain that the movie is showing characters after they've already been played a lot (i.e. are considerably higher than 1st level) and that getting to be like the movie characters takes a fair amount of play, along with some luck.
Except for Chris Pine's character. He seemed to be a level 0 bard :)

Oofta

Legend
I loved the D&D Movie. Super fun. Laughed harder and more than any other film I can think of. But hot damn... can you imagine DMing for players who's only experience of D&D is seeing the movie?

I just started a game where two of the four people have only seen the movie (and one has only been playing for a short time). So far it's going well. You just have to set expectations and let them know they're green recruits.

Remove ads