• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Would you consider 5th edition?

Felon

First Post
I agree with everything KD said in his first post.

I would love to see ALL of the Player's Handbook classes and races to get a rewrite. I can see the Warlord, for example, granting temporary hit points instead of real healing without using healing surges or using healing surges and then getting true healing for free during short rests.
None that stuff helps the guy laying on the ground dying.

I can't recall how many times a fictional character appeared to be dying only to surprise the audience by getting back up on his feat. Inigo Montoya, anyone?

Better expressed, I dislike magical effects in the Martial powers source. Rationals aside, having a dying PC suddenly jump up and be mostly whole and hearty because a Warlord ally across the room yelled "Get Up!" feels too much like magic to me.
Go to a VA hospital and you'll likely find someone who can tell you a story where exactly this happened. Guy was ready to curl up and die, and somebody convinced him to produce some adrenaline instead.

Last edited:

Zaran

Adventurer
None that stuff helps the guy laying on the ground dying.

Go to a VA hospital and you'll likely find someone who can tell you a story where exactly this happened. Guy was ready to curl up and die, and somebody convinced him to produce some adrenaline instead.

I think this would be temporary hit points. Because at the end of that adrenaline rush that guy is going to be back on the ground. Granted the rules as they are won't allow this but if we're rewriting the book that can be altered as well.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It's surprising this is still an issue for some people, it has been discussed to death already!

It has been, but that doesn't mean people have to like that design decision. Or that everyone "got the memo."

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
No need for 5e right now imo but I would love a 4.5 at some point.

I think 3.5 was one of the best decisions WOTC made, it revamped the system with big tweaks that were more than just "rules updates".

Now 4e's electronic basis allows it updates far easier than 3e, but at some point if there are subsystems within the game that need major revamping, I would like to see a .5 system to address it.

drothgery

First Post
No need for 5e right now imo but I would love a 4.5 at some point.

The thing is that there's no benefit to calling a revised 4e '4.5' rather than 5e (since 3e -> 3.5 was roughly the same degree of change as 1e + supplements -> 2e), and in fact would be going back on public promises by WotC officials (some of who are long gone, but still...).

Remove ads