• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Why does the 3E Fiendish Codex: Hordes of the Abyss go for so much?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
So I stopped in Half-Price book seeing it was mostly empty of people and did my usual quick browse of the gaming section looking for any deals and I spotted this:

167919603_3854184137952639_8358912760114349166_n.jpg

167255170_1661901673994185_8045203715826452314_n.jpg

I know it is out of print - but why the heck is some random 3E book selling for so much as a used bookstore?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
15 years old or not, that's a lot! (and 15 years ain't that long) .You'd think it has some kind of misprint or includes info WotC didn't have the rights for or something that caused the majority of the print run to be pulped or something. Dang!

Zardnaar

Legend
15 years old or not, that's a lot! (and 15 years ain't that long) .You'd think it has some kind of misprint or includes info WotC didn't have the rights for or something that caused the majority of the print run to be pulped or something. Dang!

It's a really good book, not one if the well known runs so probably didn't have a high print run relative to Complete splatbook xyz.

1E PHB used to be around $10 they've crept up around $40 here.

It's supply and demand. No new supplies made if demand is there price goes up.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Honestly, there's all sorts of weird price fluctuations around out-of-print RPGs, especially at Half Price Books.

I once saw them selling a copy of the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords Map Folio for $200 USD. I later went back to the same store and saw it in a display case for $99...along with another copy on the shelf (and with nothing missing or damaged, as far as I could tell) for $20.

Remove ads