• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Did No One Tell me? Ultimate Toolbox!

javierrivera

Explorer
Hey, I howled over the price. ;).

Anyway, I have read the book last night and I enjoyed it a lot. Not only the tables but the advice, specially the section on building adventures. Great book. Let's see how it fares while gaming.

At first, I was a bit put off by the price as well, I admit, but $30 for a game specific PDF like the ones that WotC put out is a bit different, though. After consideration, the material in this book is edition and system neutral. No matter what (fantasy) game I play, the information in here is useful. I can use this material for years to come, not just the expected life of a game system. In that respect, it is much more valuable to me and will likely get much more use than a game specific product because I can use this in my 4e game, my 3.x/Pathfinder game, or a Swords & Wizardry game if my group decides to do that.

Treebore

First Post
At first, I was a bit put off by the price as well, I admit, but $30 for a game specific PDF like the ones that WotC put out is a bit different, though. After consideration, the material in this book is edition and system neutral. No matter what (fantasy) game I play, the information in here is useful. I can use this material for years to come, not just the expected life of a game system. In that respect, it is much more valuable to me and will likely get much more use than a game specific product because I can use this in my 4e game, my 3.x/Pathfinder game, or a Swords & Wizardry game if my group decides to do that.

Yeah, normally I wouldn't buy a PDF priced this high. Especially after buying it in print. However I decided the copy/paste function with something like this was worth it.

Wow, this book is awesome! Thanks for making it available as a PDF.

I've only got two minor nitpicks:
- On Table 1-23: Insanities it says "Antipathy. Lack of emotion". I think that's supposed to be Apathy.
- No bookmarks :eek:. Why, oh why? I hereby humbly request that you add them to the PDF... please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Anyway, I'd rate it at 9.5/10 for the PDF. (10/10 with bookmarks ;))

jim pinto

First Post
Wow, this book is awesome! Thanks for making it available as a PDF.

I've only got two minor nitpicks:
- On Table 1-23: Insanities it says "Antipathy. Lack of emotion". I think that's supposed to be Apathy.
- No bookmarks :eek:. Why, oh why? I hereby humbly request that you add them to the PDF... please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Anyway, I'd rate it at 9.5/10 for the PDF. (10/10 with bookmarks ;))

In this instance, Antipathy kind of fits... but sure Apathy could work as well...

as for bookmarks, i have no idea how to add them

are you happy? my dreaded secret is revealed.

:)

ASIDE: Ultimate Toolbox makes the RPG Countdown

RPG Countdown (15 July 2009)

as for bookmarks, i have no idea how to add them

are you happy? my dreaded secret is revealed.

:)

Oopsie. Well, it can be done with a pdf editor, e.g. Nitro PDF Professional. I don't know about Adobe, but it should be able to handle that as well. Maybe take a look at the manual or help file/menu for the program(s) you used to create the pdf. (I usually prefer the trial and error method.)

jim pinto

First Post
Nice one jim. You actually got to make a clip on how you use the book. That's great. I am surprised how often I still turn to the book in the games I run!

-DM Jeff

indeed

i didn't even know he was recording.... i was just yammering on about the book

rumor has it Paizo is out of the book

Treebore

First Post
indeed

i didn't even know he was recording.... i was just yammering on about the book

rumor has it Paizo is out of the book

Its not a rumor. Can you take a break from writing L5R 4E and tell your AEG contacts to restock Paizo? Plus Amazon if they have enough copies left to send to them.

Remove ads