• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why are they waiting til June?

Ian Demagi

Explorer
Wavester

Thanks for the info. Sorry to take up board space-but wanted to say thanks.

I do not have PM'ing priviledges or I would have PM'd you, Ian.

Ian Demagi said:
Yeah,

I think Hasbro WotC has made some marketing mistakes. I think some of them were because WotC wanted to announce things at planned events like Gencon.

The wait has been too long. They also should have had more seperation between H1 and the 4E roll out. The initial plan of bringing out one book per month was plain bad marketing.
Thankfully the D & D community shouted this one down. I also think that World Wide Game Day was also too soon after the release. Players who have not followed the pre-release stuff will be lost. This will not endear 4E to people that might not have been happy about the demise of 3.5 and are on the fense about 4E.

WWGD may have been to give a shot in the arm to many game stores who WotC blind sided, with the release of 4E. (That should have been leaked to game store owners and officers). What sort of support will be offered? Not to sure about this...

For my area (Cincinnati) I am not expecting much. RPGA is here is not very strong, and the Nati has not had a large convention in 15 years-so how much love are we really going to get???

Ian

I am not a WOTC cynic usually, though I would posit that the biggest reason they moved from a staggered to a joint release was to provide an extra month development time for the online applications -- which would otherwise have been expected to go 'live' next week.

Ian Demagi

Explorer
D & D

Good point, since my group isn't going to use DDI much, I dont think about it very often. For groups that are really wanting to go into DDI heavy duty, this is a big deal! Ian.

lurkinglidda

First Post
Ghaerdon Fain said:
I do wish they would release the DM Screen and Character Sheets on June 6th; is that asking too much WotC? Is it???

Heh. With our printing facilities at full capacity we had to choose between printing the core rulebooks or printing the DM Screen and Character Sheets. We decided to go with the books first ;)

nerfherder

Explorer
lurkinglidda said:
Heh. With our printing facilities at full capacity we had to choose between printing the core rulebooks or printing the DM Screen and Character Sheets. We decided to go with the books first ;)
PHB or screen? PHB or screen? I'll have screen please.

I mean PHB!

nerfherder

Explorer
Protagonist said:
You said screen first, ahaaa, ahaaaa, screen first!"

Well, I meant PHB!

Oh, all right.
win.gif

Remove ads