• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Who tried to end the OGL?

Oofta

Legend
I'm not the biggest fan of Ben Riggs, but he's not exactly some nobody given to promoting baseless rumors.

Unnamed sources, no clue if it's been verified. It's a rumor.

Even if it's not, so what? We know someone in the organization made a mistake which they backed off of because of the backlash and are now putting things into the CC even if it's taking a while. I don't see the point on continuing to gnaw on the same old bone from the dead horse.

I mean, what are we going to do even if we believe it's true? Find Cox's Cocks' address and egg his house?

EDIT: wrong Cox...Cocks... whatever. :(

Last edited:

Loren the GM

Adventurer
Publisher
Any chance of a screenshot? I don't use Facebook, and you have to log in to see what's written there.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.50.23 AM.png

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Unnamed sources, no clue if it's been verified. It's a rumor.
By that logic, most of his book is little more than rumor, because he cites a lot of insider material without specifying precisely who gave it to him.
Even if it's not, so what? We know someone in the organization made a mistake which they backed off of because of the backlash and are now putting things into the CC even if it's taking a while. I don't see the point on continuing to gnaw on the same old bone from the dead horse.
And a lot of people disagree with your characterization, finding insight into mindset of the extant CEO (who has gone out of his way to portray himself as a gamer) to be valuable, e.g. that he was apparently the originator of the idea to scrap the OGL, rather than simply signing off on it.

Remove ads