• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Social Media Platforms Do You Use?

Which Social Media Platform(s) Do You Use?

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I pretty much live on Discord and Microsoft Teams (the latter for professional communication). We have a mix of in person and online games. For the games we play virtual tabletops are way too heavy. We mostly just use a combination of Discord and documents/character sheets shared through Google Drive.

R_J_K75

Legend
I use Facebook, why I still can't figure out, there is absolutely nothing good about it anymore. I used to use LinkedIn but since Im no longer in the workforce I don't go on it ever. It basically became Facebook for "work/employment" anyhow. I use YouTube for various things, but RPGs is probably the least of them. Watching ppl play isnt my thing and long-winded interviews and product release announcements only hold my attention for about 5 minutes before I zone out.

Not sure if it's considered social media, but I think it is. One site/app I use for our D&D campaign is Band. Its free and helps schedule games, post updates, upload files. etc. It has its limitations but serves our needs well enough.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Some of these aren't social media to me, they're just regular media. YouTube, Twitch, and TicTok, for example, I watch regularly but never participate in. Twitter is just reading the news, etc.

I suspect that's a little uncommon with Twitch, but probably really common with YouTube. The only posts on YouTube I ever made were a couple with my wife when I was still playing Die2Nite about a decade ago.

JEB

Legend
I visit Reddit occasionally to check out the D&D subreddits (usually just r/dndnext), but less often than I visit here, and my posts there are rare.

I visit YouTube daily, but only have a handful of oddball videos posted (like the complete soundtrack for Riddle of the Runes). I also visit Facebook daily, but I don't post often, and generally just check in with a short list of friends/family.

I have a blog on Blogger, but it's largely made up of monthly/yearly media reviews. Two blogs, if you count my ancient and abandoned LiveJournal.

I do have Discord but only use it rarely (when gaming with friends online outside Steam).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some of these aren't social media to me, they're just regular media. YouTube, Twitch, and TicTok, for example, I watch regularly but never participate in. Twitter is just reading the news, etc.
Yeah YouTube is just part of the internet's basic infrastructure, really. You can't not use it.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Not any more. Now I'm really curious as to what @Ath-kethin is using MySpace for!
An unfortunate part of the polls on this site is that I see the options before reading the explanations of what they mean. So I clicked MySpace before realizing that I need a still-active login in order for it to count.

That said, I did have several MySpace pages back in the day; two for bands I was in and one for myself. As far as I know they still exist, though I haven't touched them in 15+ years and doubt I'd remember my credentials to log in if I tried.

Remove ads