• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What's with Paizo Publishing?????

kreynolds

First Post
SemperJase said:
This is why I would not want to be in the rpg business. Reading these boards, it seems no one hates an rpg company more than its own customers.

I don't hate them. Besides, if their own customers buy their products, what does it matter if they hate or love them? The bottom line is that if Paizo is making money, then their customers love them enough, and they'll know it. If they aren't making money, then something's wrong (could be any number of things though), and they'll know. Because of this, there's technically no reason for them to even bother reading the boards, except to find out why their customers don't love them.

Hmm...seems like reading the boards might not be a bad idea after all. I guess the bad idea would be posting to it as well (that whole "don't provide feedback 'cause they'll just rip your heart out" thing). :D

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
coyote6 said:
FWIW, I haven't gotten my copy of Dungeon #100 yet. Therefore, the web enhancement isn't late.

It's all about me, you see.

No, it's about me. I have not gotten my copy yet either.

Spoke too soon - came in the mail today.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Erik Mona said:
I realize that lots of people are upset about lots of things related to the magazine, but jumping on our backs the second something _appears_ to have gone wrong is not a particularly good way of getting our attention or our sympathy.

While it does appear that it didn't get your sympathy (though I don't believe "jumping on your back" was the original intention), it most certainly got your attention! ;)

Anyway, thanks for the update. You didn't have to do it, but it's cool that ya' did. :cool:

Last edited:

psionotic

Thanks Chris and Erik. A subscriber friend o mine just got his issue #100, and it looks reallly cool. I'm going to pick up a copy off the newstands for sure. This will be the first copy of Dungeon I have actually purchased in about 10 years, mind you.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

ErisRaven

First Post
Email

As a long-time subscriber to Dragon & Dungeon, I have players chomping at the bit to play Invasion and the associated module (which I must say looks awesome.) I sent a letter of inquiry to Paizo concerning the web supplements, and got a nice note explaining that it would be out on the 10th.

I understand wanting to schedule it for the newsstand date, but perhaps if updates seemed more regular (showing the latest issue, previewing the one in my hot little hands), I wouldn't get worried about it. Now I will have players on my doorstep for the mod before I have time to review the maps, etc. Not your problem, but it's why I emailed. Many RPG companies have a problem in not regularly updating their sites, and I start to get concerned when the site's advertising a few issues back.

And yes, first thing I did when I picked up the magazine was hit the site to get the maps for planning. Perhaps you should consider the potential of such enhancements to pull nonsubscribers into buying the issue. I know I tend to look thru a company's freebies before I decide if I want the latest and greatest supplement. It seems to work for WotC as well.

The RPG market is becoming much more heavily digital, and I think it's a positive trend on the whole. Still, it makes keeping up with the flow of traffic difficult. Perhaps a column or something regular enough to let people know the site is being updated regularly would help.

Just my two coppers' worth,
ErisRaven

Remove ads