• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What's the next setting? (Did I miss something?)

bording

Explorer
Actually, the "new" campaign setting book for next year is the Neverwinter Campaign Guide. They are going back to the Realms. I guess they really wanted a tie-in to the newly announced Neverwinter computer game.

Scribble

First Post
In the release seminar they said Ravenloft will function as both a fully functional D&D campaign setting, and a stand alone game like Gamma World.

shamsael

First Post
We're sort of getting 3 settings in 2011.

We get the Neverwinter book.
We get the Ravenloft box.
We get the Nentir Veil gazeteer along with whatever info about the world get's put into that conquest-type board game. They mentioned that it will be the first time we'll see the full "world map" that surrounds the nentir vale.

Mercurius

Legend
The Nentir Gazetteer is no longer in the Product Catalog although it is still on Amazon.

Having never played Neverwinter Nights, how would the setting book differ from the Forgotten Realms Guide?

I also wouldn't be surprised if WotC just simply scrapped their "one setting a year" plan. I would imagine that they could safely sell two a year and make just as much money on each, especially considering the lack of glut in the OGLless 4E landscape.

shamsael

First Post
Two new settings a year is pushing it. What I think needs to go is the (apparently abandoned) insistence on not revisiting settings.

I think it would work if twice a year we got a new book for either a new setting, or an existing one.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
We're sort of getting 3 settings in 2011.

We get the Neverwinter book.
We get the Ravenloft box.
We get the Nentir Veil gazeteer along with whatever info about the world get's put into that conquest-type board game. They mentioned that it will be the first time we'll see the full "world map" that surrounds the nentir vale.

Four with Gama World (I plan on using it for my D&D campaign).

The Nentir Gazetteer is no longer in the Product Catalog although it is still on Amazon.

Your right, its not. But at Gencon it was included in 1st quarter releases.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads