• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer whats first SPELLJAMMER

Okay, lets all pretend we have spelljammer in our hands (yeah I know gotta wait 4 months) and you are going to run a campaign... how and what are you doing to build it? What are you useing for inspiration?

I think I will take some star wars, some star trek and mix it up with some good old fashion yughio myself...

Mezuka

Hero
Mars has an atmosphere. Only Humans, Flying monkeys, Plasmoids and Thri-kreen allowed as PC races. They have a flying ship. Tell me where you want to go and what you want to do and I'll tell you what happens!

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Everything, man. I'm using everything. Every drip and drop of science-fantasy I love, every wild and weird bit from the OSR I can get my hands on, and a lot of the original Spelljammer stuff. I will be having systems in crystal sphere where the planets are being drug around by dragons...and vikings flying barques pulled by dragons...all of it. The weirder, the wilder, the funner the better. Gimme all of it.

I can't believe I forgot about tales of the comet...

it was a 2e adventure that I have used in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th as back stories (although only ran the actual adventure in 2e) so i may mix tech in with the rael...

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Spelljamming to the Spinward Marches baby!

The reason why I've always loved Spelljammer so much is the way it can crack wide open possibilities with a campaign. I can mash up with Traveller. I can link to the Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (OAR 5e edition). I can expand what is introduced with the githyanki and asteroid in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. It's just such a fantastic sandbox.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Well, for me, Thor when they go cosmic really SCREAMS Spelljammer to me. Great blend of sci-fi and fantasy.

1650653574743.png

Remove ads