• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What will be the next major preview from Bill Salvesick?

Xyl

First Post
I'd like to see a section from the DMG, something that gives real DMing advice - for example, how to design a quest.

HeinorNY

First Post
Cam Banks said:
Please be the rules for exposure to lava. Please be the rules for exposure to lava.

Cheers,
Cam
That's an easy one! :p

If you fall in the lava you roll a d20:
1-9: You get heavily burned, if you roll 3 times in a row you die.
11-19: You stay in the lava, nothing happens.
20: You jump out of the lava to the nearest safe ground, with 1/2 your total HPs.

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I would really like to see an actual combat-session, with rules and such. Hell, if they simply recorded a combat-session at D&D Experience and posted it, I would be quite happy.

JohnSnow

Hero
ZombieRoboNinja said:
Hmm, maybe in keeping with Experience coming up, it could be the character sheet for one of the premades they'll be using, along with some explanation/commentary?

Actually, I'd say this is probably pretty likely, with one exception.

He probably won't provide the explanation/commentary. We'll just get the PC writeup and Bill's villainous laughter.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
ainatan said:
That's an easy one! :p

If you fall in the lava you roll a d20:
1-9: You get heavily burned, if you roll 3 times in a row you die.
11-19: You stay in the lava, nothing happens.
20: You jump out of the lava to the nearest safe ground, with 1/2 your total HPs.

Your lava rules are flawed. If you fall into lava you die, no save. :p

Honestly, I'd like more details about noncombat challenges, particularly the social encounter system. Failing that, I'd love to see the class writeup for the Warlord or Fighter, along with some sample Powers. Failing that, I want more information on rituals.

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Campbell said:
Your lava rules are flawed. If you fall into lava you die, no save. :p

Honestly, I'd like more details about noncombat challenges, particularly the social encounter system. Failing that, I'd love to see the class writeup for the Warlord or Fighter, along with some sample Powers. Failing that, I want more information on rituals.

I highly doubt we will get information on social encounters since the recent video on them, said that we will have to wait for the books to find out.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
ZombieRoboNinja said:
Your ideas intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your rules supplement.

Available in stores now

Fallen Seraph said:
I highly doubt we will get information on social encounters since the recent video on them, said that we will have to wait for the books to find out.

I don't expect we'll see it either, but that's one reversal I wouldn't be upset to see. I'm selfish like that.

Remove ads