• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gate Pass Gazette What were your favorite GPG articles from 2022?

I received my copy of the GPG 2022 Annual a couple days ago. :) Here are my favorites (so far):

1. The Artificer by Andrew Engelbrite.
2. Foretold Prowess by Thiago Rosa
3. Avenging Archetypes by Mike Myler
4. Howl! The Garoul Heritage by Josh Gentry
5. Mythical Martial Maneuvers: The Arcane Knight by Rachel Williamson (y)

What I liked about the Avenging Archetypes article, Mike, is how you created archetypes that resembled certain members of the Avengers. Charging Shield (Fighter) - Captain America. Fantastic Fletcher (Ranger)- Hawkeye. Quickstepper (Adapt)- Quicksilver? ;) and Mutant (Warlock)- Scarlet Witch?

I have to wonder, will there be an Avenging Archetypes II article for the GPG that will cover other members of the Avengers? ;) Let's see....

Iron Man- Artificer archetype
Black Panther- Adept archetype?
Hulk- Berserker archetype
Black Widow- Rogue or Adept archetype?
Vision- Esper archetype? ;) While Vision would probably a Talos or a Constructed, his codename and the fact that for a time, he had the Mindstone, would suggest something more psychic for this archetype. ;)

I better stop here. :p The Avengers roster in the comic books is too big to cover in a single GPG article. 😄

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
What I liked about the Avenging Archetypes article, Mike, is how you created archetypes that resembled certain members of the Avengers. Charging Shield (Fighter) - Captain America. Fantastic Fletcher (Ranger)- Hawkeye. Quickstepper (Adapt)- Quicksilver? ;) and Mutant (Warlock)- Scarlet Witch?

I have to wonder, will there be an Avenging Archetypes II article for the GPG that will cover other members of the Avengers? ;) Let's see....

Iron Man- Artificer archetype
Black Panther- Adept archetype?
Hulk- Berserker archetype
Black Widow- Rogue or Adept archetype?
Vision- Esper archetype? ;) While Vision would probably a Talos or a Constructed, his codename and the fact that for a time, he had the Mindstone, would suggest something more psychic for this archetype. ;)

I better stop here. :p The Avengers roster in the comic books is too big to cover in a single GPG article. 😄
I think some of those you can probably do already, but I know we have stuff in there for the big green guy (page 117).

I think some of those you can probably do already, but I know we have stuff in there for the big green guy (page 117).
Let me guess, the Synergy Feats for Extraordinary Heroes are for anyone who wants to play a Marvel character in A5e. :p

Bronze Protector/Steel Protector/Adamantine Protector- Colossus (X-Men)
Dimensional Step/ Teleporting Combatant/Crawling Teleporter- Nightcrawler (X-Men)
Hulking/Tremendously Hulking/ Impossibly Hulking- Hulk
Iceborn/Frozen Steps/Subzero Soul- Iceman (X-Men)
Talented Telepath/Mental Mastery/Boundless Mind- Professor X (X-Men)

Well there goes my Insight check..... :p(y)

I better add this to my list of favorites in the GPG 2022 Annual. 😄

Lastly, I think you better come up with Synergy Feat tree for Steampunkette's Esper class now. ;) Marvel Girl/Phoenix- Esper/Wizard

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Lots of great articles called out here, but I'm always going to count The Constructed Heritage as a strong favorite. I love robots.

arms

Explorer
I just can't choose, they're all great
armsshrug-01.png

Remove ads