• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What feat next? :)

Thanee

First Post
Hiyas!

My Elven Rogue/Cleric Archer has reached 14th level (Rogue 2) and will eventually be 15th level, where she can choose a new feat.

I have posted her HERE.

I really have no good idea, what to take.

Right now, she has the following feats:

Spellcasting Prodigy
Improved Initiative
Point Blank Shot
Rapid Shot
Empower Spell
Quicken Spell
Improved Critical (longbow)

She's a very powerful archer (with over +30 attack bonus usually, a nice damage output (she once did 170 points to an opposing fighter in a single round) and 3-5 attacks per round, depending on buffs) and also fairly resilient (nice saves, especially, but fairly low hit points (94)), altho the campaign is really, really hard (we're currently running Necropolis), she's the only character that hasn't died yet! :) Anyways...

Any idea about cool feats for a high level cleric?

My current options are Precise Shot (which she doesn't really need, but it would fit to her) or Extra Slot (another 6th level spell by then, which can be useful).

She doesn't usually cast spells on enemies, that's why Spell Penetration is no real option. Oh, and we can take neither item creation feats nor Leadership.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I would suggest Silent Spell. In a hard campaign, I'm suprised that NPC villains are not casting Silence and Deafness at your spell casting characters all of the time.

A Silent Greater Dispelling is cool at this level.

Lazybones

Adventurer
How about Spell Focus (conjuration)? Then you can go Thaumaturgist and make up for the lack of Leadership by packing a tough hombre of a planar ally (along with various other summons to draw the melee attacks while you lay out with the longbow).

Plus at 20th level you can have a planetar as a cohort, for a modest fee. Or a Celestial Young Adult Gold Dragon, perhaps (not that most DMs would approve the latter, I think).

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
shot on the run. but you will need to build to get this still dodge and mobility

weapon focus (longbow) many PrC require wf ...

how about one of the turning abilities...like turn air based or water based creatures?

Kodam

First Post
Hi!

How about extend spell? Its ok for buff-spells or protections.

Manyshot could help as well.

I miss Weapon Focus; your Charakter seems quite "focused" on the bow.

Just my Ideas...

Kodam

Thanee

First Post
Shot on the Run! ;) That would be level 21 then... :p

About Silent Spell... I once had that as a Wizard (spellcaster with preparation), and it really didn't work out. You can prepare a few emergency spells but that's it, basically. She is not that dependant on her spells in combat, so that is hardly necessary. And our Wizard surely is the prime target for silencing stuff anyways! ;) Altho, we are more often hit with necromantic spells, like Destruction and Horrid Wilting! :eek:

About Quickdraw... she has Gloves of Storing, so doesn't need it. Quickdraw is nice, if you use a few different weapons, but since she only uses her bow, the gloves are fine! :)

And finally... PrC - I forgot to mention, she already has 2 levels of Contemplative and will continue along that path. So, no other PrC.

Bye
Thanee

jgsugden

Legend
Is the party going to go epic eventually? If so, look at what you might want to do with epic feats, classes, etc ... You may need to use your last 2 non-epic feats on prerequisites.

If not, I'd suggest precise shot and then improved precise shot at 18 if you are really an archer.

Thanee

First Post
Extend Spell I had thought about, too, but at this level, her spells already have a very decent duration.

Weapon Focus? Well, I'd rather take Precise Shot then, if I choose any bow-related feat. Same with Manyshot, which seems to be a rather pointless feat to me (only good for fighter/ranger, she has only BAB 9). With one spell, she can move 60' and still full attack during the same round. She can already Quicken that one (Spectral Stag), too.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
jgsugden said:
Is the party going to go epic eventually? If so, look at what you might want to do with epic feats, classes, etc ... You may need to use your last 2 non-epic feats on prerequisites.

Good question. I don't think that we'll play beyond level 20, tho.

If not, I'd suggest precise shot and then improved precise shot at 18 if you are really an archer.

Improved Precise Shot is 3.5 only, right? (This is 3.0 still. :))

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads