• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What classes do you want to come out next?

What are your top 3 picks for 3.5 classes to be reprinted in 4ed?

• Swashbuckler

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Hexblade

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Spellthief

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Scout

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Favored Soul

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Healer

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Beguiler

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Duskblade

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Dragon Shaman

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Knight

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Samurai

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Shamen

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Shugenja

• Sohei

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Wu-Jen

• Ninja

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Crusader

• Swordsage

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Warblade

• Incarnate

• Soulborn

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Totemist

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Binder

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Shadowcaster

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Truenamer

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Warmage

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Marshal

• Artificer

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Psion

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Wilder

• Psiwarrior

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Soulknife

Votes: 23 21.7%

Raith5

Adventurer
Daztur said:
I honestly hope that none of these classes are necessary. The 3.5ed base class bloat got insane after a while, I hope that players can get the right flavor by using talent trees, feats or somesuch and by having better multiclassing rules.

I don't want to have to do anything more complicated than fighter 10/wizard 10 to have an effective gish "build."

100% agree. I hope we can avoid a proliferation of ridiculously narrow classes. This poll turns on what talent trees are and how important they will be. If I am a Rogue and focus on the killing people talent tree can I call myself an Assassin?

Gold Roger

First Post
A decent Shaman class would be the only one I'd be interested in that can't be modelled with the classes that will be in the original PHB.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Gold Roger said:
A decent Shaman class would be the only one I'd be interested in that can't be modelled with the classes that will be in the original PHB.

truth that. I think theirs going to be large void without the druid.

Andor

First Post
Raith5 said:
If I am a Rogue and focus on the killing people talent tree can I call myself an Assassin?

... You can be a bard who focuses on the accordian and call yourself an assasin. You just won't be very good at it.

Dr. Strangemonkey said:
Good summoning spells mind, I particularly liked Astral Construct, but no class built from 1st level to bring outsiders into dedicated service like the Sha'ir from 2E Al-Quadim.

The Sha'ir definately needs a better translation. Pretty much every instance of it has been grossly underpowered. In a fight you're a commoner more or less. Most battles are over by the time your gen gets back with a single spell. We gave them 3/4 BAB, 6 skill points and a kind of elemntal blast attack to let them be somewhat useful.

Since Bards, Druids, Monks and Sorcerers werent on the poll, I picked Psion, Psychic Warrior and the excellently flavored Binder.

GlassJaw

Hero
I'd vote none. I really hope 4E doesn't suffer from the class bloat that 3ed did. I'd much prefer the base classes to have a lot more variety and options for customization than more core classes.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Snapdragyn said:
Bard, Monk, & Swashbuckler (sorry druids).

Too bad 2 of my 3 picks aren't on the poll. :/

OP stated that the core classes not in PHB I are slated to be redone in future PHBs. So he specificly excluded them.

EDIT: As for me, I went with Swashbuckler, Shadowcaster, and Binder. All great flavorful classes that should be seen in 4E. Granted the Swashbuckler probably could be taken care of with a different talent tree for a fighter.

Howndawg

Explorer
Archivist and Dread Necromancer would both have been close contenders on my list, but since you didn't include them, I went with Swashbuckler, Beguiler, and Duskblade.

Howndawg

Remove ads