• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General VTT that supports a pen?

Are there any virtual tabletop tools that support drawing with a tablet pen?

I know I can put something together in paint, but it seems like a lot of effort to draw something offline and then spend the time uploading it, then trying to align it to a grid, simply for some quick encounter.

TIA

tommybahama

Adventurer
Roll20 has a full set of paint tools from freehand, polygon, circle, square, and text box with various colors and thicknesses.

1589215767654.png

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
There's a number of posts on the Roll20 forum about using a Wacom tablet with that system. It just requires a little set-up.
Wacom is the brand I'd suggest too. The basic tablets are reasonably priced and come with a great suite of software.

tommybahama

Adventurer
I had an older Wacom Bamboo Craft circa 2011 that I brought home from work for testing. It works but my hand-eye coordination is rusty so YMMV.

1589340090634.png

tommybahama

Adventurer
See the reply by StephBX in this video if you have an older tablet about using Windows 8 compatability mode. I also set mine from "pen" to "mouse" in the utility for it to work. But my Wacom is at least ten years old.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads