• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UA to Become Weekly! Pendleton Ward Helped On New AP!

WotC is currently at Gamehole Con, a convention in the US Midwest. According to a GameholeCon attendee at one of WotC's D&D panels, featuring Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, and Mike Mearls, Unearthed Arcana (Mike Mearl's monthly rules column) is going to become a weekly column. Not only that, Sage Advice will be pausing for a while while Jeremy Crawford joins Mearls on the UA columns. There will be a new Unearthed Arcana every Monday, with the next being three new barbarian options.

WotC is currently at Gamehole Con, a convention in the US Midwest. According to a GameholeCon attendee at one of WotC's D&D panels, featuring Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, and Mike Mearls, Unearthed Arcana (Mike Mearl's monthly rules column) is going to become a weekly column. Not only that, Sage Advice will be pausing for a while while Jeremy Crawford joins Mearls on the UA columns. There will be a new Unearthed Arcana every Monday, with the next being three new barbarian options.

WotC's Chris Perkins also said that "The next D&D story is *not* based on Adventure Time. However, Pendleton Ward did help us create it." Ward is, of course, the creator of the US cartoon Adventure Time.

hora-de-aventuras.png

CwbuBdMXUAE8pKB.jpg

Photo courtesy of @BasementofDeath
SaveSave

I'm guessing that there's a push for a big expansion to the rules.

I think the Barbarian has most of its archetypes covered, so these 3 subclasses might go into something niche an elemental "Inferno Rager" or an actual "bearskin" that's sort of a shifter.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
They did mention that they're aiming to produce a major rules expansion soon; that's probably the reason for the increase in UA. Should be fun, anyway!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I doubt it will stop people from whining about a lack of options or support. If it's free it doesn't count, it needs to be in a hardcover so we can complain about how pricy the books are.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads