• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Trindle Isle Market [Manzanita Judging]

garlicnation

First Post
Jeremiah knows when a fight turns against him, "I am sorry for the initial animosity, you see, my orc friend here happened to be very important to my current mission, but since he seems to be out of the picture, we have no reason to fight. He puts up his right hand and releases his grip on the mindblade, making it dissapear. I am now unarmed, may I go on my way?"

Jeremiah prepares an action to leap into the water should they act hostile towards him.

Patlin

Explorer
"You sir, need to be more discreet in choosing your friends and associates. Get off my ship before I change my mind and have my men cut you up for bait. And never let it be said that the men of Maiden of the North are anything but generous, at that!"

The crossbowmen are keeping their weapons pointed steadilly at you, as if hoping the first mate might change his mind. Backing away from you, one of the scimitar wielding sailors says "If he does anything but walk dtraight to that gangplank, boys, cut him down."

garlicnation

First Post
Jeremiah, as he is walking into town, asks if he can dispose of the body to save them work. If they agree, he makes sure to pocket the papers, If they dont, he searches the town for his compatriot.

Patlin

Explorer
They let you take the body, though I don't think Prig was the one who too the papers. (I'd have to check, and it's too late at night...)

gogo_jerrick

First Post
Ooc

ooc: question, how is it that my shield didn't come into play? I stated before combat that I had it to my back (total cover for first mate and at least 3/4 cover torward crossbowmen). None of the crossbow bolts would have hit. And shouldn't I have at least got an AoO against one of the sword wielding assailants?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring steps out from behind some barrels as Jeremiah approaches dragging the corpse of Prig. Not surprising. It's a wonder he survived this long. He looks over the body and then up at Jeremiah. "Well, nothing to do now but strip the corpse of valuables and dump it in the bay. We could probably sell his shield and weapon in town unless you've got your eye on it for yourself. We'll adjust your share of his wealth if you want to keep something."

ooc: Lookspring still has the paperwork.

Patlin

Explorer
gogo_jerrick said:
ooc: question, how is it that my shield didn't come into play? I stated before combat that I had it to my back (total cover for first mate and at least 3/4 cover torward crossbowmen). None of the crossbow bolts would have hit. And shouldn't I have at least got an AoO against one of the sword wielding assailants?

Sequence of events:

11/28/05 11:16
Prig tosses his six and a half foot tall tower shield to the side and widens his stance, holding out his arms

11/29/05 6:06 AM
Anyone willing to be involved in what is about to happen, please roll initiative

11/29/05 7:30 AM
He leans down to put up his shield

11/29/05 1:52 PM
Prig sets his shield torward the first mate

Once I ask for initiative, the next action stated doesn't occur until your initiative number comes up. It requires a move action to ready a shield. The shield was not taken into account because it had not been picked up. Even if it had been picked up, it had not yet been readied.

Unless you have combat reflexes (and you do not) you cannot get an attack of opportunity while flat footed. Therefore, even if the swordsmen had done something that would have generated an AOO (which I'm not sure they did) you would not have gotten one.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Alright, lets get to work." With disturbing efficiency, Lookspring works with Jeremiah to strip the corpse of all the useful goods. Leaving the corpse still dressed in its traveling outfit, he props the body up among the barrels and douses it liberally with alcohol from the waterskin. "That should do for now, passersby will think he's passed out. They probably won't care given the reputation of this place. Well, that's that. Shall we be going?" He picks up the extra backpack stuffed with the scale mail and straps the greatsword to it, leaving the tower shield and axe for Jeremiah to carry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads