• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Last of Us (HBO Max)

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I enjoyed it. Hopefully it charts a different course than The Walking Dead franchise which has gotten a bit long in the tooth before their shows wind down. It's definitely refreshing to have a "zombie" apocalypse with a semi-plausible explanation.

Last edited:

BookTenTiger

He / Him
We really enjoyed the first episode! I have not played the games and don't know much about them. Some things I liked:

It was pretty bold to kill off the daughter! I liked how they had the opening from her perspective, I thought it was a great way to bring the audience into this world. My wife and I had to pause the show and go and look at our sleeping baby after the daughter's death.

I liked how they upended my expectations with the Fireflies. I thought it was going to be just another generic terrorist organization, maybe with some zealot at the helm. Making them a democratic resistance movement was a great idea. Of course, other chapters might not share the same ideals???

Seeing the "finished" form of the fungus zombie was cool. We talked a lot about how they might work... If they're airborne or not, etc. I'm looking forward to learning more about the fungus.

All the acting is fantastic. We were really pulled into the episode and can't wait for next week.

Was good. The kid part and the clothing was confusing and why was Joel dumping that body ?I’m assuming that children get it at a certain age as there are no kids?

Remove ads