• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Thanks for WotBS

Samurai

Adventurer
I'm playing a character in a bi-weekly Pathfinder game of WotBS and I just wanted to say thanks to the authors here... we are having a lot of fun with the adventure. (Currently we are in a burning castle... I won't say anymore so as not to give away spoilers).

My character is a Dwarven Fire Druid of the Burning Forest. (He gave up an animal companion for the Fire domain). He believes all the trees, plants, squirrels, etc just don't look right without bright, dancing flames covering them, so he's a bit of a pyromaniac! (How many other campaign settings let you justify a pyromaniac druid? And even give them a magical wooden weapon that burns!) :) He's a lot of fun to play!

Awesome. Glad to hear you're having fun. Does anybody else from your group post on EN World?

Also, I hope you're not feeling stymied fighting so many fire-resistant enemies. Later adventures should give you more opportunities to let out your inner firestarter.

Samurai

Adventurer
Awesome. Glad to hear you're having fun. Does anybody else from your group post on EN World?

Also, I hope you're not feeling stymied fighting so many fire-resistant enemies. Later adventures should give you more opportunities to let out your inner firestarter.
No, no other members of the group post here, as far as I know.

I only knew the setting background from the Player's guide when I made my character, not the adventure or the foes, so it has become a bit of a running gag in our group that every darn thing we fight seems to be immune or resistant to fire! I have taken 3 feats that emphasize fire as well, which only made it worse, and I have that magical flaming wooden axe (it's now an axe, anyway). Many days I end up not using any of my Domain spells at all, or maybe just a couple of them. If I were a power-gamer, I would have taken an energy-substitution metamagic feat long ago, but I can't justify it for the character's personality... he's a dwarf who was exiled from the underground kingdoms and became a Druid of the Fire Forest, who loves flames... why would he replace those lovely flames with ice or electricity? Luckily, I have plenty of other spell slots (I often will use stone/earth type spells there, reasoning that as a Dwarf he still has a connection to them), and I Wildshape quite a bit even though it's been pretty heavily nerfed from 3.5. But I'm very glad to hear later foes won't all be fire resistant!

Remove ads