Test

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Testing something. Which one is best?

This is a new poll type. Instead of voting for specific items via a checkbox, you 'upvote' and 'downvote' poll options using the arrows to the side.

Last edited:

cranberry

Adventurer
Also, another thing to consider, is that some people might take personal offense if they see their preferred choice get down voted. If you decide to implement this poll type, I would make sure that an individual's choices aren't public.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm hoping that I can set it so only the thread starter can post replies. So the thread is just a question and a list of options provided by the thread starter to vote up or down. Haven't found that option yet though!

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Not a fan. Arrows don’t stand out well in dark mode - especially after clicked on. Im also not sure if say 7 people upvoted and 3 downvoted what the post would look like.
I just tried upvoting post 7 ("Dragons are best") above, and nothing changed other than the arrow I clicked became very dark grey on black (in dark mode). No results appeared, unlike a poll where on voting you get to see the results thus far. With this version, who gets to see the results, and-or when?

Also, would the results in this version be shown as 7 upvotes and 4 downvotes, or just as an aggregate +3?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I just tried upvoting post 7 ("Dragons are best") above, and nothing changed other than the arrow I clicked became very dark grey on black (in dark mode). No results appeared, unlike a poll where on voting you get to see the results thus far. With this version, who gets to see the results, and-or when?

Also, would the results in this version be shown as 7 upvotes and 4 downvotes, or just as an aggregate +3?
I think you need to refresh the page.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog

I previously upvoted post 2 and downvoted post 3. I don’t see results there either just the arrow indicating I’ve selected it. For your post 7 arrows I see no difference at all on my side, no results either in case that’s not clear.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Not sure what I'm supposed to see, if anything. Yesterday, I voted banjos up and dragons down, and I can still see both those votes in their respective posts.

But there's no other indication of others' votes anywhere afaict. Is only the OP meant to see the results? or are the posts supposed to bubble up and down the thread as they gain lose votes? or should there be a "up X" and "down Y" indicator on each post?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not sure what I'm supposed to see, if anything. Yesterday, I voted banjos up and dragons down, and I can still see both those votes in their respective posts.

But there's no other indication of others' votes anywhere afaict. Is only the OP meant to see the results? or are the posts supposed to bubble up and down the thread as they gain lose votes? or should there be a "up X" and "down Y" indicator on each post?
I don't know how it works, thus the test. But this is what I see. There is a bunch of permissions which can be tweaked by I'm not 100% sure what each does.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 16.30.54.png

Remove ads